Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Today was a wonderful day,  and I don't know why all my pictures uploaded backwards, but hey...I'm too lazy to redo them...so, I will just make it work.

The girls made me the cutest and sweetest mother's day gifts, I love them!  Isabella made this sweet picture in Kindergarten, she was sooo excited to give it to me, which made it even more special!


Eva made this at Preschool.  The funniest thing about this gift, is she was so excited to give it to me, so I opened up the white bag it came in and as soon as I read the poem and looked at the picture, she hurried and stole the Hershey's kisses out of the pot before I could eat them....it's the thought that counts, right?
Last weekend when Chris and I were away for our anniversary, the girls stayed with Grandma and they made me these flower pots, I LOVE them!


Chris made KILLER BBQ Ribs today for our Mother's Day BBQ.  He rocks, and they were soooo delicious.  What can't this man do?
a
A random picture of the girls...doing what they do best.  Secretly sneaking into the olives before dinner time. 


I got to sleep in this morning, and the girls and Chris made me cards and pancakes.  They came in singing "Happy Mother's Day to you" to wake me up.  It was a great way to start the morning.
My yearly Mother's Day gift....going to the nursery and picking out my Mother's Day flowers and then getting them all potted.  I am sooo happy to see flowers in my yard, I absolutely love flowers-they make me smile!  I can't wait until these fill in over the summer, so fun!


I planted like 50 petunia's.  Dark purple, light purple, yellow, white, and white with yellow centers.  When I was done Chris came and looked at them and got all excited, "Laker colors, sweet!"  I guess, this ended up being a bigger gift for my husband, who knew?!
But the gift of all gifts came from my husband.  For the last 3 years I have been begging to have him build a retaining wall for our backyard.  I can't believe what a handy man he is turning into.  I am dying to get the dirt all filled in and put some GORGEOUS flowers and plants in this thing....I'm so excited to finish this project.  He did awesome, it looks great!

And since the pictures loaded backwards, this is Chris beginning the project, it really was a lot of work, and I am so grateful for him and SUPER proud, he really did whip this thing up in just a few hours with the help of his brother.  They ROCK!

No comments: