Sunday, May 26, 2013

End of the School Year

I feel like I was just walking Isabella to the bus stop for the first time, I honesty have no idea where this year went, it just flew by!! Isabella has enjoyed Kindergarten.  She loves meeting all of her Kindergarten friends at the bus stop every day and being silly with them.  I have also learned that I am officially the "uncool/embarrassing" mom.  There were a couple times this year that I drove down to the bus stop to pick her up after school and she was walking home with her friend Austin.  I rolled down the window and told her to hop in the car and she kept walking pretending like she couldn't hear me.  It stung just a tiny bit, but I also had to giggle! 

Isa has amazed me with how much she has learned this year.  She has become an amazing reader.  She loves to read me books at night, and I am so proud of her. Her teachers said that she is reading at a high 1st grade reading level (Okay, that was my mommy bragging moment) and she is excelling in all her other subjects.  She's a studious one!



Isabella's 2012-2013 Kindergarten Class, Teacher Mrs. Merkley.  Isabella loved her teacher and her class.  It was fun to go in during Christmas and Teacher appreciation week and see her with her friends and watch her interact with all her class mates.  She had a great Kindergarten class.
So, I noticed on her school calendar that at the end of the school year they had pictures marked down on one of the days.  I didn't think anything of it, other than I assumed they were just retaking pictures for those that missed or maybe had moved in during the middle of the year.  Well a few weeks later, Isabella brings this picture home from school, and I just had to laugh because it looked like they had photo shopped her head onto an adults body.  It totally cracks me up, but I love her cute toothless grin.

Eva graduated from her 3 year old preschool class on Friday.  She is such a social bug and makes friends so easy.  She attended Magical Beginnings Preschool just up the street from our house, and she loved her sweet teacher Mrs. Lamb.  She has grown and learned a lot this year too, and I am so proud of all her accomplishments.  Her teacher sent home a sweet little photo album with some pictures from the school year....here's a few.


Seriously, her crazy little grin kills me, I love her!  She's a wild one!





Friday was their last day. I loved their cute graduation hats they made out of plates, paper and fruit loops.
Eva and Mrs. Lamb


Eva with her bestie-Hadley





Just a few more days of school for Isabella, and then it's time to start our summer fun!

1 comment:

bladenfamily said...

What cute girls you have. All day school next year. Crazy!