Sunday, February 10, 2013

Happy 6th Birthday Isa


 Our sweet Isabella turned 6 this week.  Here are a few pictures from her BIG day, I mean week....
 My mom flew in last weekend and we had all the family over to celebrate her special day.  And of course I get all busy doing too much that I spaced getting everyone together for a group picture.  I think I need to make that my New Years resolution, because I always forget to do it!! But, I want Isa to remember all the people who love her so much they came to celebrate her special day.  Mom, Dad, Eva, Grandma Teresa, Grandma Shannon, Grandpa Jose, Great Grandpa Wayne, Aunt Bonna, Ashley, Tiffany, Uncle Dustin, Tony, Jeff H., and Grandpa Quinn via facetime.
 She is totally obsessed with Hello Kitty right now.  Which is so much fun to see her growing up and moving past the "Dora" phase.  It's pretty cute!  So of course this party was all about Hello Kitty.

 She got spoiled with presents.  And of course her favorites were the Hello Kitty pajamas and socks, Hello Kitty bubble bath, Hello Kitty magnetic writer, coloring pad, and pretty much anything with Hello Kitty on it.  Did I mention she's obsessed with Hello Kitty?
 And once again, Chris dazzled us all with his brilliant cake skills.  Any guesses on what the theme of the cake was this year? 
 I couldn't help but post these cute pictures of my sweet nephew, he loved the Hello Kitty party favors...he just couldn't figure out how to get it to work.  He kept going cross eyed trying to figure it out. Adorable!
 Isa's actual Birthday fell on a Tuesday.  So we told her that we would take her to any restaurant of her choice or I could make her favorite dinner.  She picked Wendy's because she really wanted a cheeseburger.  She makes me laugh!  And then we came home and she opened up the presents from Chris, me and Eva.  And of course, more Hello Kitty-shoes, a watch and a blanket.  She was pretty excited!

This is the first year that she has asked to invite friends over for a kids Birthday party!  She invited over a few of her classmates and dance friends.  The house was full of girls and giggles....NO boys were allowed!  I had a little too much fun decorating for her big day!  We made Hello Kitty cupcakes-Isa loved them!
 Then we played pin the bow on Hello Kitty
 Believe it or not, we did get away from the Hello Kitty theme for just a second for some good old fashion horse racing.  This was a riot to watch and the kids had a blast!
 Then a little Duck, duck, goose
 Cake and Ice Cream.  Me and Chris just sat back and watched the girls as they talked "girl talk" at the table.  Little girls are soooo dramatic!  It's pretty entertaining!
 Then onto presents.  Her friends all know about her Hello Kitty obsession so many of her presents were....of course....Hello Kitty.  Blankets, ear phones, slippers, lego's, etc. etc.  She loved all the attention and the other girls were all so excited to give Isa their presents!

 And just so Isa remembers all the friends that love her....
Ruby and Jessi, Kameron and Brietta, Rachel, Eva and Brooklyn, Mackley and Amelia

6 comments:

gely said...

Faye loves Hello Kitty too. They would get along so well. Happy birthday to her.

christina said...

Cute party! And I really love your dark hair!

Kylene said...

Happy Birthday to your cutie! What a fun party theme too. Oh, and that cake, once again...Chris has mad skills!

Emily M said...

What a great birthday week! She is such a cutie and getting so grown up! Way to go on such a cute party and Chris and cake decorating never ceases to amaze me!

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

Looks like she had an absolutely great 6th birthday! Everything is so cute! Way to go Mom! P.S. I have to do a Tangled Tower cake for Ady's this weekend and I could really use Chris' skills!

Jennie Kunz said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! SO FUN!! You are a fun Mom! She looks like the happiest little girl ever!!!! FUN!!