When I was out visiting my mom in Montana a few weeks ago I mentioned that Chris was taking off to Salt Lake for the annual 3 day NCAA weekend with his brothers-where they sit in a room for 12 hours at a time and watch game after game after game...for 3 days (I know did you fall asleep just reading about it?) I love that my hubby gets his boy bonding time....but us girls get pretty lonely without him at the house. So I headed back up to Montana for a girls weekend with my mom and Isa and Eva. We had a BLAST! We ended up flying because we didn't want to get stuck in one of the crazy Spring blizzards between here and Montana. The girls were angels the entire trip!
By the time we landed Wednesday night and got to grandmas it was about 11:45 pm. I thought for sure since they didn't sleep on the plane, they would crash at the sight of a bed. Nope! They just wanted to play with Grandma.....such party animals!!
Thursday morning the girls woke up and they got to go hunt for a "surprise" from Grandma. They had a blast looking all over the house for this "surprise" When they found it, they were so excited. It was a huge basket full of treats and toys for the weekend! That afternoon we headed out for a lunch and Ice Cream date..then SHOPPING. The girls take after me and my mom, they can shop for hours....it's great!! After a full day of shopping we came home and crashed!
Story to REMEMBER: We were at the GAP and my mom told me to go get the girls in the car while she finished at the register. So I got the girls all buckled in and my mom got into the car in tears!! She was laughing so hard! She says, "Did you just see that?" Um Nope...what? Apparently, she missed the curb....and she went down, not just a little bit....completely flat on the road-a car had to go around her! Nope, the car didn't stop. Just kept on going. Who does that? We got laughing sooooo hard we were crying. The girls sat in the back seat and just stared at us like we were insane! We laughed all the way over to Target. As we were getting out of the car and walking towards Target I jokingly said, "Mom watch out for the curb. Unless you want to re-enact the last fall since we missed it" Literally as soon as I said that, Eva walked in front of my mom and completely took her out. Not just a little bit...completely laying flat on the road. Now as I sit here and laugh hysterically with tears rolling down my face-I will say at the time I was a little worried, she nailed the sidewalk and she killed her knee. But once we got her up and all brushed off......we laughed and cried the entire night each time we thought about it. (Sorry I'm laughing mom! It's still makes me giggle!!)
Friday we woke up and Grandma did what she does best. Made pancakes for the girls. Grandma's pancakes are always extra special. You never know what creative thing she will come up with. This time, Ballerina pancakes. The girls thought they were fantastic! I love that my mom keeps lots of cool memorabilia. These are the ballerina's off of my birthday cake from when I was a little girl. It brought back great memories to see these!
After breakfast we headed to the "The Museum of the Rockies" The girls were so excited because they knew they were going to see Dinosaurs. Eva kept asking me if they were going to be nice or if she was going to be scared. I kept trying to explain they weren't alive.
Here we are with "Big Mike"
The girls getting ready to go into the planetarium at the museum to watch a show about stars.
This was pretty cool. These are the legs of different dinosaurs so you could see the difference in sizes.
Don't you love Isabella's "Superstar" pose.
Looks like Isa is trying to feed her little sister to the Dino
Not gonna lie, this one creeped me out a little bit seeing the little dinosaurs trying to kill the brontosaurus (did I get the name of that one right?) they were frightening up close!
I don't know if this is what penguins looked like a million years ago...creepy! Another reason the ocean terrifies me and I have no desire to swim in it!
The museum was really cool. It had dinosaurs and all kinds of different things about the rockies. There was a section on pioneers and Indian history. It was fascinating
This was the girls after we left the museum. Hammered!
Random photo out of place, I'm too lazy to move it. Isn't this dinosaur terrifying?
After we grabbed a bite to eat we headed off for more shopping. The girls love the rides at the mall.
I wish someone would push me around in one of these things while I shopped!
Friday after we got home. My mom sent me to a Spa to get an hour massage. Seriously, how cool is my mom? I was so excited because this Spa was amazing! Before I went in for a massage, I got to sit in a steam room and have Eucalyptus Mint Aromatherapy...to relax before the massage. However, I did get a little nervous about half way through the massage. Suddenly the vision of my mom tripping and our laughing out of control came to my mind....it took every ounce of energy to not start laughing during my massage. It really would have been awkward to bust up laughing!!! Friday night we got the girls to bed and me and my mom watched a chick flick! If you haven't seen "Life as we know it" it's totally cute!!
Saturday we woke up and went to see the LORAX. Seriously the BEST kid movie I have seen. It was so stinking cute. The characters were adorable, the music was amazing...and it was in 3-D. This was Eva's first 3-D movie. And it was hilarious to watch her. She had her cute little kids box on her lap full of popcorn and a drink and she literally didn't move or notice it for at least an hour into the movie....she was amazed with the 3-D!
After the Lorax we went to Famous Dave's for some BBQ. Yum! And, this is how Eva spent dinner. Eva is the most HYPER kid ever! So for her to fall asleep at a resteraunt was so out of her character. She was one tired kid!
Ribs....mmmmmmmmm
Sunday we relaxed and made bead necklaces and mom made us her famous Sunday dinner before we headed back to the airport It was a weekend full of fun, relaxation and lots of giggles!!
The girls had a blast with Grandma but they were pretty darn excited to see their daddy at the airport ;o) We kinda like him!
5 comments:
How fun!! I love in all the pictures at the museum how your cute girls are hugging each other! Sisters are the best! SO so cute! Oh my gosh- your poor mom- not one, but 2 falls! Poor thing!
Your mom is hilarious! Glad you had such a fun trip!
So fun. Your mom really is the best!
HA HAH A!! I love that they are hugging in all the dinosaur pictures! SO CUTE!! What a fun trip!
This sounds so fun. Plus your mom sounds AMAZING. Taking notes for when I am grandma;)
Post a Comment