Friday, April 2, 2010
What an emotional week
The only way to describe my feelings of the past week are EMOTIONAL. Geez, you would think I was pregnant because of all the tears I've had. No....that is not an announcement either!! To explain.....Friday March 19th my mother in law and I stayed up pretty late and we kicked off the packing. We got most of the kitchen packed and I thought, ohhhh...this won't take THAT long. Wow, can I just say that I completely underestimated the amount of time packing and moving would take. I spent all last week packing, my poor little girls were ignored all day long as I grabbed box after box and packed. I spent 7 days straight packing from morning until bedtime (who knew how much crap you could collect in 6 years). Last Friday night we packed the UHAUL as tight as stuff could fit and Saturday we moved our stuff to a storage shed and moved in with Chris's parents. Sunday, Chris and I went over to grab the last of the cleaning supplies and odds and ends, and we thought it would be fun to sit in our empty bedroom and just talk and relax (we were beyond exhausted). As soon as we walked into the master bedroom I just started to cry, looking around at an empty room was just to much for me. So, needless to say, we couldn't stick around and just talk, it was soooo overly emotional for me to say good-bye to our house. We moved in Thursday May 6, 2004, we had our wedding dinner May 7th and were married May 8th, 2004 and we have been there since. I looked at the girls empty rooms and I had flashbacks of Isabella as a newborn rocking her in her rocking chair at 5 in the morning. I looked into Eva's room and pictured her sweet little face sound asleep. Everywhere I looked in our home, I had such wonderful memories. Goodness, who knew it would be soooo emotional to say good-bye to a home. We closed on our house yesterday, it's official. I went down on Wed. to take the garbage out and to take one last picture.
Good-bye to our first home......we are going to miss ya!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I remember doing the same thing when we moved out of our first little apartment together. It is such a bittersweet time! That is exciting that you closed though!
I think Em said it perfect. It's such a bittersweet experience. Sure, there will be parts of that cute little place that you'll always miss but you have such good memories to look back and smile upon and such a bright future ahead! Good Luck with all of your house building plans.
I know it is hard. You will have so many good memories in your new house, too. Glad you got into preschool. It will be so much fun!
It is hard! I think it is compounded by the fact you have been packing for days! I get less emotional the more we move :) Good luck with your new house.
you are making me emotional just thinking about it. I hear ya on the memories flooding back. good luck with everything and lets get together soon. We both need some time out and about.
It is hard to move, exciting too, but I know how it feels. When we moved from Logan I kept feeling like I was forgetting something, and I realized that it felt like I was leaving a part of myself behind in our house. But pretty soon you will have a new place to start building memories in all over again ;)
I hear you, 100%. Knowing you'll never go back to the tickle wars in that hallway, or your kids will never slide down those stairs again, really makes it sad to say goodbye. Hugs!
Post a Comment