Thursday, February 5, 2009

Our little Isa is turning two today. It seems like not too long ago we were at the hospital getting ready to meet her. I remember every little detail about the day she was born. The weather, the clothes I was wearing, the taste of the oh so delicious ice cubes (cuz that's all the hospital will give you).....the excitement to see her for the first time. She is such a joy to our little family. To read her birth story you can click HERE


Here she is, just a couple of weeks old.

Since the day she was born, she has developed such a fun and loving personality. Here are some of our favorite things that she says/does:

  • When she goes to bed at night, we tell her "I love you," she will respond back with "No, I love you." And we will go back and forth and back and forth.
  • She will come up to Chris and I at random times and say, "RU okay?"
  • Her giggle that is so contagious.
  • She can count to 10 all by herself.
  • The millions of faces that she can pull. My favorite is her Stroke Face, and her fake mad face. She loves to pull the stroke face when she is explaining something terribly important and is trying to get her point across.
  • Her random sayings, "Oh yeah Baby!!", "Oops, excuse me.", "Adios Amigo.", "Yes"-just like Napolean Dynamite-with the hands up in the air and all.
  • Her ability to tell stories for long periods of time, with such detail and animation.
  • She loves her purse and totes it around the house full of bracelets, hair bands and sun glasses. Her MUST have items.
  • Her cute monkey lips and chubby cheeks that we kiss all day long!
  • Her incredible ability to "hear" chocolate. If I go to the pantry and grab the bag of peanut M&M's, she will come running from the other room saying, "M's? I want M's."
  • The trail of perfectly clean peanuts I will find in a room, after she has sucked off all the chocolate from her peanut M&M's.
  • The Irish accent that she has learned from Shrek. When the phone rings, she will say "Hold the phone." just like Shrek. She has learned to convert the Irish accent into every day talk. When I go to do her hair and I grab the pony tail holders she will say "Hold the ponies" in her accent. It makes me giggle every time.
  • Her neatness. She hates messes and being dirty. If her hands are even a little messy, she will show me her hands and say, "Mom, messy messy" and shake her head.
  • The faces that she pulls in front of the mirror.
  • When she wraps her doll up with her blankee and rocks her while singing "Rock a bye, don't you cry."
  • The fact that she LOVES to snuggle, I hope she never grows out of this.
  • When I put her to bed at night, she has to have at least 2 or 3 blankets, and once she's done being wrapped up she will say "Cozy Cozy."
  • Her curly locks. I can't help but play with them when she's sitting on my lap.
  • She twirls her curls in her fingers to put herself to sleep. You can always tell when it's nap time, she starts playing with her hair.
  • Her Spanish accent when she says her own name "EEsa bella", hence her Spanish nickname "ISA".
  • Her dad is so proud that she would pick up a basketball over any of her dolls. She even woke up the other day from her nap and said, "I love my Lakers!"

Happy Birthday Sweet Pea, we love you!

14 comments:

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

Give Isa a kiss from Dustin & I! She is one of the most adorable kids I have ever seen and her personality is so infectious. We just love her! Happy Birthday Isa!
See you tomorrow :)

Payne Family said...

Happy birthday Isa!!! How cute is she. I love reading all the cute things she does. Your day is never dull.

Hayley said...

I loved reading all of her funny little quirks! she is such a little fire cracker!

Stacey Irwin said...

Aww. She was beautiful baby too!( shock shock) Happy Birthday Isa! Can you believe how fast they grow?! She is such a keeper!

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday. I just love birthdays they make life fun!

Niki said...

Hey, So I have looked on your blog yesteday and today for the recipe and I can not find it. I figured that you might have it, could you send it to me or tell me where it is exactly.

Thanks:):)

Trisha said...

I hope you have a great birthday party!

Kelli said...

You are such a great MOM. So good to be TWO!!

Emily M said...

That was a fun read. What a sweetheart! What would we do without our kids? I can't believe she is 2 already! It seems like you were just having her.

Kylene said...

Happy Birthday little Isabella. You are so cute!

Jami said...

It was fun reading to find out about what she's doing. They grow up so fast it's scary to think Ellie's going to be 2 in a few months! Happy late Birthday to Isa!

Todd and Julie Worthen said...

She is such a cutie! Happy birthday!

GINGERSPICE said...

Wow, I didn't know Isa had quite the fun and unique personality. That was so fun to read!

How are you feeling?

bladenfamily said...

I am glad you are documenting so well! What a pretty girl. Hope her birthday was great!