Friday, February 1, 2008

Happy Birththday

I can't believe that Feb. is here. So I have been a little emotional the past few days. Isabella's birthday is coming up in a few days. And for some reason it makes me really emotional. Okay, all you mom's out there, is this normal? Am I going to cry every time she has a bithday? I was looking at some pictures just reflecting the last 12 months, and as I looked at her newborn pictures, I don't remember her being that tiny, or having black hair, you forget how fast they change! The superbowl also reminds me of her. Here is the story: One year ago I was working at Bear River Head Start. We decided to enroll in secondary insurance through Aflac because they have a great matenity plan on top of your regular insurance. At one of my Dr. visits mid January, Dr. McCulloch said, "Well your dialated to a 3 and 70% effaced." Oh no, Aflac says that we can't have our baby until Feb. 1st or we will lose the money we have invested in the maternity plan. So every night we would have a little chat with Isabella asking her if she could kindly do mommy and daddy a favor and wait a couple more weeks. Sure enough, Feb. 1st rolled around, and it was such a relief to know we weren't going to loose our Aflac. Then we got really picky. Chris would sit down at night and tell Isabella that the superbowl would be coming soon and he really didn't want to watch it at the hospital. Come on, we all know the superbowl is about food, and hospital food for superbowl....ummmm tasty!

So Superbowl Sunday finally rolled around and Chris thanked her that night for being the best behaved baby ever. Once again, we asked her for another favor. Chris leaned over and said, "Hey, ya know I'm really not in the mood to go to work tommorow, do you think you could do me a favor and come Monday morning before I have to go to work?"

Monday morning, 4 a.m. I woke up and thought, "Wow, 1 too many nachos at the party yesterday." So I took my usual 4am trip to the bathroom, came back to bed, and for some reason those pains got longer, harder, and more frequent. So I woke Chris up and told him that I thought I was in labor. We stayed home for the first 3 hours of labor.

This picture was about 2 hours into labor. Obviously no smiles, right after the picture I sat on the bed and the only thing I could say was, "You've got to be sh****n me!" I apologize for the language, but for those of you who know me, I swear like a sailor and this was no exception!


We got to the hospital a little after 7am and the nurse said, "Um...you're at a seven and if you want an epederil, you'll want it now!" I was in labor from 7-1:00. I loved every minute of being in labor. The anticipation of her arrival was too much for me to handle. I was sooo excited. The nurse came in at 1:00 and said okay, it's time to start pushing, 2 1/2 hours later, she finally decided to join us. I was so exhausted, but I remember looking at this precious little baby, and thinking "10 fingers and 10 toes, she's perfect!"


Here is Isabella 4 hours after her big arrival. One thing I will always remember about her birth, is that she came into this world so bright eyed, she wanted to see everything and everyone. I remember just looking into those big blue eyes, and feeling an overwhelming amount of love. She has brought so much joy into our lives, and I am so greatful the lord blessed us with this little angel!

Here's another picture of Isabella. She is just 10 days old and we always joke about these pictures because we use to say that she was born Mexican, but somewhere along the way lost it. Well....12 months later she's got light skin, blue eyes, and light brown hair???




We love you Isa!



14 comments:

bladenfamily said...

She is so pretty. I loved reading that. I hadn't ever heard the story of Isa. I don't believe she is 1. I get emotional too, you're not alone. It is hard to watch them grow up so fast. I can't wait to see her. I am coming up in 2 weeks. It will be fun to see you. p.s. Am I crazy, or does Savanna look like Isa a little bit?? She was born with black hair that has changed to light brown too. I think they'll be buddies! Happy birthday, cute baby girl!!

Jami said...

She is such a beautiful baby. I'm so jealous of how good you looked after having her. I pushed for 2 long hours with Ellie and trust me you can tell after looking at me. I looked horrible and everytime I see it I want to rip it up but of course I won't we got to hold onto those memories right?

Shelly Traveller said...

What a beautiful baby! And could you look any better for just having a baby! Love the story, it's getting me excited for what the next few weeks could bring.

Shelly Traveller said...

What a beautiful baby! And could you look any better for just having a baby! Love the story, it's getting me excited for what the next few weeks could bring.

Q and T McKnight said...

Dear Cute Daughter - you are not alone. We still cry on your birthday! There is such a special feeling a mother has for each of their children - you don't just carry a special little spirit under your heart for 9 months - you carry them in your heart forever! You are an awesome daughter, wife, and mother and we are so darn proud of you! Love You! Mom and Dad

Isabella - Grandma and Grandpa McKnight Love You very much and Grandma is excited to fly to Utah for your Birthday Bash!

Hayley said...

I loved this post. I think that giving birth is just amazing, and I get a bit choked up on my kiddos b-days as well! She is so lovely.

Heidi Kjar said...

That was so fun to read about. She was even cute after just being born! And you too!

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

Hey Lis! I can imagine if I had a kid that I would be feeling the same way you are. I cant believe that its been one year since we came and saw you guys in the hospital. Time really has flown by, you are such a good Mom!!

Trisha said...

Happy Birthday!
I think it's totally normal for moms to get all weepy- it's your BABY after all!
Naomi's 2 year is coming up soon too. It's crazy how fast it goes by.
She is such a darling little girl!

Kylene said...

What a fun post! She is such a beautiful little girl and I agree with everyone else, you look great! Are you gearing up to have another one yet?? ;)

Amy Johnson said...

Can you even believe how fast time goes by? Simon is going to be 2 in April and it seems like just yesterday I was coming home from the hospital! You actually piss me off how good you look after having her! I was all gross and swollen!! It was fun to hear about your experience. I love reminiscing about that and love to hear everyone elses experience!

Kiesha said...

So are you going to let Isa dig into her own huge peice of cake? So fun! What a goodlookin' new Mom you make! I don't think I'm brave enough to post mine. Happy B-day Isa!

Jas & Cam Fam said...

YOur little girl is seriously so beautiful!

april said...

Well, I am not the best one to ask about being emotional. I teared up just reading your blog for heaven sakes!! It brought back my own special memories of Kaitlyn. After they moved us into the recovery room. I just started crying because I was just so grateful for our beautiful little girl. They grow up too dang fast and you realize every step is a "once in a lifetime" for you and her. What a special time. She is absolutely beautiful.