Shayla, my niece, and first grandchild on the Hernandez side is 4 years old. A couple years ago she started showing signs of "The stroke face." Now, if you are wondering what exactly this is....here is a picture of Shayla that we took for family pictures last fall.

This week I decided to try out some pigtails on Isabella, and while taking some adorable pictures of her new due, suddenly "It happened.".....Yes, "The Stroke Face."
Coincidentally I happened to be looking through some old photos of Chris that his grandma had given us a while back. As, I looked through the pictures, I found a picture of this....
Once again......."The Stroke Face." Is it possible? Is this hereditary? Is it going to happen to every child in the Hernandez family? Only time will tell!
And speaking of adorable faces, I had to include some really cute pictures from our playdate this week. The lighting in my friend Katie's backyard was awesome, and it made for some great pictures.
Here is Isabella pulling her "not so sure" face. She had just gotten pulled off backwards onto her head from the swingset right after I took that group picture. I put her back up on the slide, and she wasn't sure if she should laugh or cry.
24 comments:
I am in love with her pigtails!!! Oh my goodness! What a cutie! We are coming up wednesday through the weekend. I hope you'll be around. I'll give you a call!
p.s. good memories!!!
Thanks for the cute comment for our Anniversary! You are so sweet Melissa. Isa looks adorable with the pigtails! Haha, that is too funny about the stroke face. Good thing you had your camera!
I'm not sure if it's wrong to laugh.. But I am laughing.. STROKE FACE . . that's just awesome! They are pretty good strokefaces!
I love the pigtails! so cute!
Okay I don't know what I was thinking about the head gear crap! You were and still are beautiful. I remember always being jealous of your hair. Speaking of hair.....Isabella's hair is SO CUTE! I don't think I can ever have a girl, because I just won't know how to do her hair!:)
That is halarious about the "stroke face"!!! I laughed pretty hard!!
The stroke face is hilarious!! I love the pigtails- they are so fun for summertime!
Okay, we could not stop laughing when we saw the "stroke face". Totally cracked us up!
We love her pigtails and can't believe how fast she is growing.
Love, Mom and Dad
So funny! It must be genetic, but she still looks cute even with a stroke face.
What a funny story. I don't think Isa can get any cuter. We should get together with Anna and Kelli and go have lunch or something. I think it would be fun.
That is so funny. How fun to find the "stroke face" is hereditary!:) Don't you love playdates! They are the best.
Love the pig tails! Why oh why won't Sienna's hair grow...
What a cutie!!! She is gorgous like her mama!! What a fun blog you have. It was so good to see you for a min at the reunion. We will have to spend more time together another time. My Abby and Isa are only a few weeks apart right? How fun.
I finally posted. I have had problems with my camera. What kind do you have? All your pictures turn out amazing.
I Love the Piggies! I'm just jealous that she'll keep them in! Ellie is going through this phase where I get lucky if I can even get them in to begin with. I have to say I love the stroke face, too funny!
I think Melanie is right we should get together with Anna and go to lunch. I want you to teach me how to do the cute backgrounds. I LOVE the lady bugs... Thanks for the pool today it was great (a little short) but still great.
I think I just peed my pants from laughing so hard!! I love the "stroke face" that is so freakin funny!! It is weird, but my nephew has that same thing...he has never outgrown it either..It really sneaks up on, one minute is lip is fine...next minute..."stroke face"! Watch out when she gets really tired...that is when it really comes out!! She is still a beautiful girl!!
DUDE, That is freakin hilarious. So far Jonny hasn't pulled the stroke face, but this makes me want to look through all of my hideous old pictures and see if I pulled that at any time. P.S. Chris had on a sweet shirt in his stroke face pic too. HAHA
Love it! So funny! And I know I have said this a few times, but your daughter is BEAUTIFUL!
I love it! Do you always have your camera in hand? You have some classic pictures.
I loved your swearing story about Isa. Isn't hard to keep a straight face? I still laugh everytime Brex swears, and he swears A LOT!
Which professional baseball team is in Colorado? You'll have to come visit :) I don't know much about Grand Junction, but everyone we have talked to absolutley loves it!
Okay, I totally need tips on how you blog! They always look so cute, like you're scrapbooking online... I'm so retarded when it comes to getting creative!
Isa looks adorable as usual... I love the stroke face, does she do it all the time now? That's funny that you found one of Chris doing the same thing....
That stroke face is hallarious!
ok, first of all, your blog is so dang cute!! And your pictures are so fabulous! Isa is such a little doll. In every picture her hair is so adorable and picture perfect! I wish Kaitlyn would leave her hair alone! She pulls out anything and everything I try to put in there. Bows, clips, barrets, headbands, you name it. It is so frustrating! We will be already to go to church and Kaitlyn's hair will look like a disaster, only seconds after I fixed it :( Do you have any tips! You look great by the way :)
LOL... Mr Boogedy? Oh My, I LOVED that show! I can't believe you remembered that! We had so many good memories with you living next door to us. I remember those plays all too well! Remember climbing on top of Staci's tree house and jumping off onto the trampoline?
One of my favorite memories was the time we called Santa Claus at your house! Do you remember how upset your mother was when she got her phone bill? Who would've thought that dialing 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and 10 over and over and over would've connected us to the North Pole! Haha....
Another Memory was the whole Footloose drama... I remember we were playing in our shed and you had coming running to find us telling us that you found which feet our mother's were on the beginning of the show.... LOL... Do you remember you picked out the chic with the fattest ankles? I remember getting so upset, claiming you thought my mom was fat..... such childhook misunderstandings, right???
I also remember how much you LOVED Michael Jackson! You use to tell people he lived in your sewer drain where that lizard always came up.......
Hey Melissa! Yep, I use Photoshop & the lens I use is only if you have a DSLR camera- it takes a lot of practice and gettin used to for sure. The camera you have is great too, we just have different purposes for our cameras. Its been a couple grand to get started with photography! Come in and we will take care of your 'rootage' :)
Hey thanks for visiting my blog (and reading the lengthy post :)
I'm still in the process of recovery my lost pictures. As I spoke with the guy today that is helping me....he informed me that memory cards can easily corrupt. Always save to a CD. I thought of you cuz u said u have a million cards. Thought I would pass the info on. It may or may not be helpful.
Post a Comment