We also had plently of time for crafts, the most delicious food, and super fun silly games. We played the funnest candy bar game, and can I just say 30 women fighting over chocolate can get pretty dangerous!! Sara, I'm still mad at you about the TWIX (lol).
We also took an awesome hike. Rather than just take a long boring hike. We did a Geocashing hike. If you have never heard of this, you go online and it tells you where treasures are hidden, and you have to use a GPS to find the treasure. We found ourselves in the backcountry searching for our treasure, it was so much fun!
And, my favorite night of all, was of course the last night that we did Testimony meeting around the camp fire. I work with such amazing women, and these Young Women have such strong testimonies of the church, I am so blessed to be part of such a wonderful group!



16 comments:
Awwww....I miss girls camp! Me and you had some pretty good times at girls camp! I might have to break out some of those old pics and post them! :)
How fun! Congratulations for surviving!
I love the memories of camp. Isn't it crazy that we are old enough to be the leaders now?
Look at you be all upbeat about camp on your post. Me I came home tired and grumpy and my post... not so upbeat!
Okay you are really going to be mad at me now because I traded that Twix for a Snickers Almond!
Girls camp is fun...I've only been one year as a leader. You're lucky. Cute new background!
Oh this brought back alot of memories. It is alittle different being a leader. You just want them to have the same memories you had!
Your background is cute! But I am sad to already see the flip flops go, they were so cute! where did june go?
Loved the new post regarding YW Camp. So glad you had fun. Boy, did that bring back memories. Amy, I am with you. I am going to break out the pictures and embarass both you and Melissa. We definitely had lots of good times. I hope the YW Encampment the North Dakota and South Dakota Stake Presidencies have tasked me with in 2009 will be as successful as your camp. I may need your help Lis.
See you soon! Love, Mom
Way to go you Outdoors Girl you! Love the family pic in your header! It's an awesome one of all three of you. Ahh to be such a photogenic family!:)
Isabelle is so stinking gorgeous!! It's funny how once you become pregnant you start noticing little girls more often....
Your girls camp pics are cute, it looks like you had a lot of fun. I'm in Young Womens and it does bring back a ton of memories.... If anything I remember how awful I was to poor Lynn Fisher... :) I'm sure the girls love you!
aww, that is so fun. I was sapposed to go up this year and help out but I couldn't work out the schedules! It looks so fun! OH THE MEMORIES!glad you had a fun time!
I am glad you survived! I am going in July...I HATE camping as well. If you made it there is hope for me right???? Being with the girls is totally worth it right?? What a great calling to be a kid again!!!!
Congratulations on surviving girls camp! I remember those days well, and I should probably THANK my leaders.
Cute pictures Melissa- looks like you guys had such a fun time! I dont have any memories of camp being that fun, im so jealous!!
I love girls camp. I am the 21st counselor and I don't get to go because I had my baby in March and I don't have anymore vacation, I am totally bummed, but it looks like you had a blast!!
I am in the Young Womens too!! Our camp is coming up here, and I have to be honest, I am a little nervous. Camping is by no stretch of the imagination something I like to do. There are bears, so all the girls have been warned not to have food in their TENTS,yes I said tents. When I went to girls camp, we always slept in a lodge or cabins. I may not be able to go because of Markham's crazy tax season hours and I am wondering if that is better. I will at least go up for the testimony meeting and hopefully the skits. I am not so sure about sleeping there. What a wimp!!! Glad you had such a great time. You give me hope ;)!
SO HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN IN YOUNG WOMENS??? I NEVER KNEW YOU WERE IN IT..
Post a Comment