I think all my recent posts have started with, "Playing catch up again." So, it looks like this one will start the same.....Playing catch up once again.
Over Memorial Day weekend we took the kids to Hogle Zoo. The kids loved the monkeys, coincidentally we call them our little monkeys-go figure. They have since practiced and learned the coolest monkey call...it's pretty dang cute!
As you can see, Isa has also got a pair of glasses on. They make her look so grown up. I think she has inherited her daddy's poor eye's.
Memorial Day weekend we also threw a Birthday party for sweet Eva. She loved all the attention and loved every single present. I am too embarrassed to show the cake. Chris always makes these amazing cakes and this time I was in charge of a Bug cake. It's not even blog worthy-I'm officially leaving the cake decorating up to the hubby!
Eva got a trampoline for her Birthday. It's been a hit, the kids spend hours on it, and I have noticed an increase in tiredness around our house. It wipes them out. They LOVE putting the sprinklers under the tramp, yay, it's officially summer time!
And this is why I have been MIA from blogging....it seems that most of our time and energy have been put into getting things finished in our basement. I think this is going to be a 10 year project, but I am excited to say that "Project basement" is underway. In the past few months we have got the electrical and heating in the basement done, and in the family room we have the sheet rock and mudding and taping done.
This week the rock on the fireplace got put on....I'm a sucker for fireplaces, they are so cozy and romantic aren't they? The contractor who is helping us with this project asked how big we wanted our mantle, and I told him the only dimensions that were important for me was one long enough to fit 4 Christmas Stockings, LOL! I can't wait to someday have stockings hung by the fire. I swear it seems like years before this room will be 100% done and furnished, but it has been so exciting for Chris and I to go down and design how we want the room and see it slowly taking shape.
And, if you know me well....you know how much I LOVE to decorate. So, lately I have been spending some time on Pinterest, pinning fun ideas....and I have picked up bundles of paint samples.....next project-painting the walls. I am soooooo excited.....I think I have some fun paint colors in mind. I am super excited to get my paint rollers out, it's been way too long since my last paint project.
And this week Chris and I took a break from the chaotic sheet rock dust and mess in the house and we headed to the Bush/Nickelback concert. I realized that I was dating myself when I told Chris that Gavin Rossdale looked exactly the same as when I saw him in concert 17 years ago.........17 years ago?????? I know....I suddenly felt old. It was a such a fun date night, we had a BLAST!
2 comments:
I love that you're still blogging. Please don't stop! Your basement looks awesome. I didn't know you were finishing it! How fun! I really enjoyed reading about your family history as well. I get really into that stuff. My grandpa was in the Navy too. How fun! Hope to see you soon.
p.s. I just saw your text message from a while ago that I forgot to respond to. Oops! Sorry! Just send me whatever you want me to put on your youtube video and I'll get it done!
What a neat idea to post all about your history. I may have to copy the idea. I am also glad to hear you still will continue to blog. I feel like no one does but me anymore as well. But I continue to do it for the same reasons...and I like it :)
Post a Comment