Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Life is Precious-Tessa's story

To say that I have been blessed with the most AMAZING friends in my life, is a HUGE understatement.  For some people, friends come and go.  But my friends have never left (even though a few may be miles away).  In high school we had a huge group of guys and girls that did EVERYTHING together.  We had so much fun.  Every Friday night you would find us over at our friend Michelle's house just "hanging out" Michelle how did your parents survive all of us?  Maybe one of these days I will post my Sweet 16 birthday party on here, for memory sake of these great friends! Hawsy.....yes, that means you in your boxers dancing with my Teddy Bear (LOL!)

When we were Sophmores in High School we lost one of our dear friends Cory Larbrum.  He was killed in a car accident.  I remember all the details of that day.  My friends came together and we literally just sat around and hugged each other as we tried to comfort each other.  I really think it was during this trial that all of us learned a VERY valueable lesson. Life is PRECIOUS and friendships are PRECIOUS.  Over the years we have watched each other go on missions, get married, have children....and I think in our minds we are still those young kids we were back in HS.  I wish I could say that all our friends have had nothing but joy and happiness in their lives, but with LIFE comes trials and hardships.  But, our friends have been there to support each other through many of the good times and many of our hardships. 

I was one of the last girls to get married (in fact, now that I think about it, I think I was literally the last one)....because I was 24 when I got married, it gave me the chance to hang out with my cool guy friends after their missions. They took me in like I was one of their sisters. Adam Winger, was one of my closest guy friends. I really did look up to him.  He is just like a brother to me, and my parents think of him as one of their own.  Adam's wife was diagnosed with cancer, and I want to help them  in some way.  I wish there was a way we could snap our fingers and make Cancer just go away.  Too many people are fighting this disease! But I wanted to share their story and let people know that they have set up a fund to help them with the high cost treatments she will be going through. They are a special family.....their story will touch you!


Here is the link on how you can help them!

xoxoxo

3 comments:

Anna and Ben said...

Thanks for the reminder Melissa. I too know how precious life is just like so many and I am so grateful for each day I have. I love all the memories we have together and hope we have more to share!!!

Amanda Davis said...

Wow, thats exactly what I needed to see tonight. Ive been feeling bad for myself being so pregnant and exhausted. This really helped me feel better. Love positive messages.

Kylene said...

This breaks my heart every time I see it. I can't even imagine. I will try and spread the word.

we are lucky. our friends are the greatest there is.