
Dear Friends and Family,
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. 2010 has been an adventurous and fun year for our family. The year began with us selling our town home in January. It was bitter sweet to say good bye to our first home, but we were excited to build a new home. I turned the big "30" in January, and was really looking forward to turning 30, it was a great B-day! In February we celebrated Isabella's 3rd Birthday, she is growing up soooo fast, she is such a sweet-heart. She is so kind hearted and loves to give lots of hugs, we don't know what we would do without her tender little heart in our family. In March we moved in with Chris's parents while we built our home. Chris's parents, and uncle Kyle put up with us for 3 months until we moved again. We had so much fun living under one roof. It was heaven for my mother in law and me, since we only had to cook and clean every other day, it was hard to give that up when we moved out. The girls and grandpa had so much fun eating breakfast together every morning. Grandpa Jose was really sad to loose his breakfast buddies when it was time for us to leave. We appreciated Chris's family taking us in and giving us a place to stay for a few months. In April Chris and I headed off to Arizona to celebrate Qwests's COE Awards ceremony. The Circle of Excellence Award is given to the top 3% employees in the company and Qwest flew us down to Arizona for Chris to accept the award. Chris absolutely loves his job, and we are so grateful to be employed by such a wonderful company. In April, Qwest also announced that they will be merging with Century Link. This merge has left us with a lot of unsuraties, but we hope and pray that with this upcoming merge in 2011, we will still be located in this area.....we really do love where we live and love our neighbors, but we are ready for the merge to take place so we can stop stressing about all the "what if's." In May we headed out to visit my parents in South Dakota. It was such a fun trip, we always love spending time with family. While we were out there we celebrated Eva's 1st Birthday. Eva's first year seemed to go by twice as fast as Isabella's, I guess that's what happens with each kid. She is such a firecracker, she keeps us so busy and laughing all the time, she is an absolute joy! My parents were so wonderful to take the girls for Chris and I, so we could take a little anniversary trip up to Minnesota. We celebrated our 6th anniversary by watching the Yankee game at the Twins Stadium (I know your jealous, it doesn't get much more romantic than that) LOL! It has been a great 6 years, and it was so nice to take a quick little trip together, alone. As soon as we got back from our trip we moved into our new home the first week of June. The girls were so excited to move into their new rooms, and Chris and I were so excited to see our King size bed again, not that I didn't appreciate the couch at my in-laws, but I admit I felt like I was staying at a 5 star hotel the first night we had our own bed back. It's amazing how the little things make us happy! In July my parents came from South Dakota to help us get all settled into our home. July is one of my favorite months, spending time with both sides of the family, doing BBQ's and watching fireworks, it was a fun month! I'm not going to lie, August is a blur to me, which means we were busy enjoying all summer had to offer. Going up the canyon, picnics, bike rides, swimming in the pool, etc. In September we put our yard in. This was quite an adventure, but we have grass seeded and we can't wait to see what it looks like in the Spring. In September I also decided to team up with Miche Bags, and start a little side business. I love being a stay at home mom, but I admit I was getting a little bored and needed something to fill my "bored" time. So, I started doing that and it has been such a fun little side business to keep me busy. In October Chris celebrated his 35th Birthday with his brothers in Vegas.....I don't have many details about this....maybe that's a good thing (totally kidding)...they had a great time and we really missed him. In November we celebrated Thanksgiving with Chris's family and it was such a great time to reflect on how much we are blessed. This December has seemed to just come and go, I don't know where this month went. With all the hustle and bustle of the season it seems to go faster every year. But I love taking the time to reflect on the reason for all the celebrations....our Savior, Jesus Christ. I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. 2010 has been an adventurous and fun year for our family. The year began with us selling our town home in January. It was bitter sweet to say good bye to our first home, but we were excited to build a new home. I turned the big "30" in January, and was really looking forward to turning 30, it was a great B-day! In February we celebrated Isabella's 3rd Birthday, she is growing up soooo fast, she is such a sweet-heart. She is so kind hearted and loves to give lots of hugs, we don't know what we would do without her tender little heart in our family. In March we moved in with Chris's parents while we built our home. Chris's parents, and uncle Kyle put up with us for 3 months until we moved again. We had so much fun living under one roof. It was heaven for my mother in law and me, since we only had to cook and clean every other day, it was hard to give that up when we moved out. The girls and grandpa had so much fun eating breakfast together every morning. Grandpa Jose was really sad to loose his breakfast buddies when it was time for us to leave. We appreciated Chris's family taking us in and giving us a place to stay for a few months. In April Chris and I headed off to Arizona to celebrate Qwests's COE Awards ceremony. The Circle of Excellence Award is given to the top 3% employees in the company and Qwest flew us down to Arizona for Chris to accept the award. Chris absolutely loves his job, and we are so grateful to be employed by such a wonderful company. In April, Qwest also announced that they will be merging with Century Link. This merge has left us with a lot of unsuraties, but we hope and pray that with this upcoming merge in 2011, we will still be located in this area.....we really do love where we live and love our neighbors, but we are ready for the merge to take place so we can stop stressing about all the "what if's." In May we headed out to visit my parents in South Dakota. It was such a fun trip, we always love spending time with family. While we were out there we celebrated Eva's 1st Birthday. Eva's first year seemed to go by twice as fast as Isabella's, I guess that's what happens with each kid. She is such a firecracker, she keeps us so busy and laughing all the time, she is an absolute joy! My parents were so wonderful to take the girls for Chris and I, so we could take a little anniversary trip up to Minnesota. We celebrated our 6th anniversary by watching the Yankee game at the Twins Stadium (I know your jealous, it doesn't get much more romantic than that) LOL! It has been a great 6 years, and it was so nice to take a quick little trip together, alone. As soon as we got back from our trip we moved into our new home the first week of June. The girls were so excited to move into their new rooms, and Chris and I were so excited to see our King size bed again, not that I didn't appreciate the couch at my in-laws, but I admit I felt like I was staying at a 5 star hotel the first night we had our own bed back. It's amazing how the little things make us happy! In July my parents came from South Dakota to help us get all settled into our home. July is one of my favorite months, spending time with both sides of the family, doing BBQ's and watching fireworks, it was a fun month! I'm not going to lie, August is a blur to me, which means we were busy enjoying all summer had to offer. Going up the canyon, picnics, bike rides, swimming in the pool, etc. In September we put our yard in. This was quite an adventure, but we have grass seeded and we can't wait to see what it looks like in the Spring. In September I also decided to team up with Miche Bags, and start a little side business. I love being a stay at home mom, but I admit I was getting a little bored and needed something to fill my "bored" time. So, I started doing that and it has been such a fun little side business to keep me busy. In October Chris celebrated his 35th Birthday with his brothers in Vegas.....I don't have many details about this....maybe that's a good thing (totally kidding)...they had a great time and we really missed him. In November we celebrated Thanksgiving with Chris's family and it was such a great time to reflect on how much we are blessed. This December has seemed to just come and go, I don't know where this month went. With all the hustle and bustle of the season it seems to go faster every year. But I love taking the time to reflect on the reason for all the celebrations....our Savior, Jesus Christ. I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.
Love,
The Hernandez Family
Chris, Melissa, Isabella, and Eva
3 comments:
Your card is so cute! Merry Christmas!
Cute card! I didn't get around to cards this year, this time of year is just nuts! It was fun to read your year in review. time flies huh?! Merry Christmas!
Way cute card! I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!!
Post a Comment