Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Week

I can't believe Christmas has come and gone....it just went by so fast this year.

Monday, me and my baking buddy made one last batch of goodies before the holidays...homemade caramels and pecan caramel turtles. Isa loved helping me with the caramels....I can't even count the number of caramels we consumed last week!

Tuesday night for YW's we went caroling and we had a real horse drawn sleigh.....I can't believe I forgot my camera...the horses were like the Budweiser horses (you know what I am talking about), absolutely gorgeous, it was freezing and so much fun! It was a great way to get into the spirit of Christmas.

Wednesday my parents arrived for the holidays, and we were so excited that they were able to stay with us. The girls woke up Thursday morning to find Grandma and Grandpa sleeping by the Christmas tree...I think they thought it was Christmas morning and Santa had brought the best gift ever!! Grandma got so excited to hug the girls she rolled off the side of the bed and got wedged in between the mattress and the entertainment center and got stuck. Rather than help her out we laughed hysterically!!!

Thursday we took our Young Women up to the temple to do Baptisms for the dead...we kind of wondered why in the world we were so crazy to sign up for baptisms so close to the holidays, but once we arrived it was so peaceful and quiet and we realized what a great gift this was for loved ones that have passed on, to receive the blessings of baptism.

Eva pulled a quick one on us. My mom was getting ready Thursday morning and Eva came into the bathroom and said, "Potty" and started pulling down her jammies. My mom assumed I had started potty training her. No, I didn't think she had any interest. So, since Thursday Eva has been asking to sit on the potty.......I am hoping the new year will bring us a potty trained little munchkin. She looks so little sitting on the potty, but so stinkin cute!

We enjoyed lots of time with both sides of our families. The kids had a blast playing with cousins, aunts and uncles and granparents (and why didn't I take my camera to all the parties to get pictures???) Friday we spent time with Chris's family eating amazing food and opening presents. Isabella was soooo excited that uncle Tony got her a gum ball machine, can you tell Eva is trying to figure out a way to get her hands on it?

Eva got a shopping cart that she puts EVERYTHING in and pushes around the house.

Christmas Eve was such a magical night with the girls. Isabella wanted to take care of getting the cookies out for Santa, pouring him a glass of milk, and getting carrots for the reindeer. We also had to tell Christopher the Elf good-bye. He has been at our house all Christmas season watching the girls and changing positions every night, but now that Christmas is all over, he needed to hop on Santa's sled and return back to the North Pole. They went in and waved good-bye and both Chris and I got a little teary eyed because it was so precious. When we tucked Isa into bed she told me to stop and listen, because she heard the sound of the bells from Santa's sleigh....Honestly, Christmas is so magical with children!

The girls all ready for bed in their Christmas Eve jammies. I just love these two!
Isabella didn't ask for a lot for Christmas, but she made it very clear that she wanted a Barbie doll. Christmas morning she opened up he Barbie, and she was speechless...she didn't even smile. She just started at amazement that Santa actually granted her wish. She really didn't know what to say, it was so sweet!
Eva loved her jo jo that counts and plays hide and go seek (okay, she liked it until I got it out of the box and she realized that it chases her around the house!)
Anyone up for hire for cleaning? It's so overwhelming to clean up after Christmas!
Me and the gals in our Christmas outfits that Santa brought us! I always said I would never put the girls in matching outfits, but dang it, it's kind of cute!
I just had to post this picture, it looks like Eva wants to punch my lights out!
We had such a fun time with all our families. We ended our fun weekend by partying at my brother and sister in laws house. We danced our hearts out to Dance Party and Michael Jackson's dance party....so fun!
Mom and Dust dancing to Michael Jackson
And this was the best part of the night...watching Dad and Chris dance to "Heal the World"...I can't believe what good sports they were!

Isa can dance all night!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, now it's time to bring on the New Year! Happy New Year to all our family and friends...we just love all of you!

10 comments:

Q and T McKnight said...

Thanks for making this year the BEST CHRISTMAS ever! We had so much!

Love,

Mom & Dad

bladenfamily said...

That looks like fun. I love the pictures. And I think matching outfits are fun.

I'm ready to swim again. Sorry about last night. Let me know when you want to go again. I think I ate too many caramels, too!

Trisha said...

So much fun to see your holiday :)

Emily M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily M said...

What a fun week! I agree Christmas is so magical with little ones around! I love matching outfits- Isa is really starting to look so grown up. And that would be so nice if Eva was potty trained soon!

Hayley said...

2 girls=magical Christmas!

Loved your pics and recap...just makes me warm and fuzzy.

mel said...

Looks like a lot of fun! We too love the dance party.

Rachel said...

What a fun surprise! It looks like you guys had a great Christmas.
PS I hate cleaning up the mess too. It is so much fun to put it up and wrap an all that, but not so much fun to take it all down.

GINGERSPICE said...

I can't believe how old your girls are getting... Isa is looking more and more like you! :) Ava, how old is she? Is she really doing good at potty training? I wish Paisley would show some interest..... any ideas?

Christmas looks so fun at your house. I wish I could have had time to come see your house, it looks beautiful.

It was great to see you guys at the Family Party!

Jennie Kunz said...

SO FUN!! I loved this post!