Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Relaxing Get a way

This weekend was such a blast, I am sad that it is over! A few months ago, my best friends and I were talking over dinner, and decided that we needed to get away for more than just a couple hours once a month for dinner....we needed a weekend!!! My parents were sweet enough to lend us their condo in Eden, Ut. We were up in the mountains in the middle of nowhere. No kids, no hubbies, just us girls and lots and lots of FOOD and Diet Coke!! We actually had so much fun I didn't get a lot of pictures.

But to sum up the night we ate.....laughed...sat around, ate.....laughed.....had some juicy conversations....which made us laugh even harder.....and then we ate some more. While we sat around and did all this, my cute friend Traci sat and gave us all sparkly pedicures. So fun! There was a couple times where we had like 2 minutes of silence, and someone finally said, "Isn't it awesome, that we are just sitting here, listening to nothing, and it's soooo nice!!" Amen sista! We all love our kids, but this weekend was absolute heaven.



This is just half of the food we had...good grief!

Here was a little more!

We finally gave in at 3:30 in the morning and craashed. We were so delirious we couldn't stop laughing. I can't even remember the last time I went to bed that late. And, at 7:30 someone's phone rang, and the morning began. I couldn't talk anyone into going back to sleep until noon. So, we got up and got ready and did some shoppin! Thanks girlies, for the amazingly fun weekend, I LOVE you all!
Saturday afternoon, Chris and the girls met up with me in Ogden and then we headed back up to the condo to spend a night with our little family. The girls were so excited to be up in the mountains, with the cozy fireplace, and fun movies. Sunday we woke up, stopped at the lake on the way home and let the girls throw some rocks into the lake. They loved it!
I can't believe how different these 2 are. Isabella picked up the rocks so carefully to make sure she didn't get dirt on her hands. Eva shoved all the rocks to one side so she could dig in the dirt and wipe it all over her face and clothes.......I LOVE it!

We stopped at the waterfall on the way down the canyon, Isabella thought it was soo cool!



We totally wore the kids out....and I hope to catch up on some sleep tonight. But, what a fun weekend, we need to do this more often!


5 comments:

Q and T McKnight said...

Glad to hear you had a fun "girls weekend". I can only imagine how out-of-control it got with all of you together?!

Rachel said...

What a fun weekend! Too bad Monday has to come around :)

bladenfamily said...

Oh, wow I am jealous! How fun!

april said...

How fun!!! Nothing like an awesome girls weekend to recharge the mommy batteries ;)

Brittney said...

So sad I missed it with all the ladies! Looks like it was so much fun. How awesome that everyone keeps in touch.