Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Amazing Grandma

When my parents were visiting back in July, the entire McKnight family got together for a BIG family picture. Because this blog is our family journal, I thought it would be really cool to post something about my Grandma and my family.

This is my Grandma, she is 89 years old.


She is an amazing example to me! Every morning you will find her walking along the side of the road in her home town, picking up trash. She has been doing this as far back as I can remember. You can also find her up at the gym working out with her girl-friends. The last time I went out to visit her, she was still in her cute work out clothes and running shoes, and she is just the cutest little thing. She makes the best home-made bread EVER!! She is the calmest and kindest person I know, I have never seen her lose her temper or raise her voice. She raised 5 children and helped out on the family farm. She recently went down tot Salt Lake to receive the "Golden Apple Award." To read the Herald Journal Article about her receiving this award you can click here This award is an amazing award, and I am so proud that she received it. She was nominated for this award for all her volunteer work at the Elementary school. And the children just love her. On Fridays, she spends the day at the temple doing a few sessions. She is an amazing woman, and she isn't letting her age get the best of her, I hope I grow up to be just like her.
Here's a picture of the entire family. There were a few people missing...my cute sister in law behind the camera taking the great shots!!!!

Everyone was in the picture except my cousin David, his wife and kids. My cousin Jody, his wife and new baby. My cousin Jason and his kids. My cousin Mace. My cousin Michael. who is currently serving a mission. And another really important person that was not in this picture is my Grandpa McKnight. He passed away about 10 years ago. I miss him dearly. My Grandpa and Grandma are known in the community for all their service work and dedication to the church. My Grandpa actually passed away at the temple, that's how often they served at the temple. They are such great examples to our family.
I had to include the picture my sister in law took that day of my cute family. I just love my mom and dad and brother!!!
And here's a picture of the 4th generation......I just think they are too stinkin fun to not include these pictures....



3 comments:

Rachel said...

They are too stinking cute. :) That is cool that your grandpa died at the temple. I guess not cool, but kinda...... :)
I read the article about your grandma when it came out in the paper and wondered if it was your grandma. She seems like a neat lady!

Veronica Tyler said...

What a special lady, and how fun to take such an amazing family picture!

Emily M said...

Your grandma is amazing! All of my grandparents have passed away so I am so jealous of people who have grandparents! Take advantage of her while you can! :)