Saturday, May 1, 2010

We'll bring spring to us

Ummmmmm....where did Spring go? If anyone finds it, please send it our direction!!! Going from 85 in Arizona and returning to 40 and freezing has really got my panties in a bunch!! Since Spring has deserted us, I thought we could bring Spring to us. Last week, me and the gals headed off to Hobby Lobby. We were walking down the Springy isle and Isabella found this cute Spring cupcake kit. I kept telling her we didn't need it, and I would put it back on the shelf and I would walk away, only to look back and find her with it back in her hands, this went on like 5 times. Finally I realized she was soo excited about baking these cupcakes, how on earth could I say "No?"


Aren't they the cutest little cupcakes you have ever seen?

I told Isabella to say cheese, don't you just love kids smiles when they are thinking about it way too hard! This is how Isa eats her cupcakes, licks the icing and leaves the cupcake to be thrown away. Who can blame her?
Here's what's left



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side Story:
I just had to include this story with this weeks post, it has nothing to do with the cupcakes. In fact, it's really random and I apologize if the story offends any of you. If your a man, stop reading at this point! Only child bearing women can appreciate this story to it's fullest degree!

Friday night was ladies night out. A bunch of my girl friends got together so we could craft up something cute for Spring. In between coats of paint we decided to head down to Wendy's and get some dinner. Dinner was great, but let's be honest, it was Girls Night Out, and G.N.O. is not complete until some sort of chocolate is involved. So, we decided since Chevron was just right across the street we would just walk over and buy some candy bars. As we were running across the street there was a truck full of boys in the turning lane, they were yelling something out the window. They were probably 18 and we couldn't understand a word they were yellling. My friend and I started to giggle because we had no idea what foolish things were coming out of their mouths, but that's what 18 year old boys do on a Friday night......if I remember! The boys turned up our street, and once again yelled out the window...this time we caught exactly what was coming out of their mouths. The boys were yelling, "Hey show us your titties." Now I apologize for using such a sexual word on my blog, but again, this story must be told. My friend and I stopped completely in our footsteps and our mouths dropped. Now we have been taught in our society that when things like this are said, it's termed "Sexual Harassment." It's illegal, right? The reason my friend and I stopped and dropped our mouths, wasn't because we felt sexually harrased, we were in disbelief that 18 year old boys actually requested this from women of our age!!! And, there was no one but us around. Yes, you may call this sexual harrasment, but to 30 year old post baby mommies, this is called..........................a compliment!!! As my friend and I walked away, let's be honest, we did so with our shoulders back and our chins a little higher! When our friends drove over to pick us up, we were laughing hysterically and couldn't help but share the story. And yes, as we were telling the story, there may have been some hair flipping involved. As we talked about the possibility of us "flashing" these boys, we questioned if the young men really understood what they were requesting? Had they ever seen what real boobs look like after breastfeeding 2+ children? Are they aware the only things holding those babies in place are expensive push up bras? Can you imagine the looks on their faces when they see one boob was more South than the other? And the looks on their face when they see the stretch marks across our abdomen's, as my friend beautifully put it, "No my cat didn't attack my stomach!" I must admit, I hadn't laughed this hard in a long long time. Thank you boys, for once, we found your testosterone quite useful!

17 comments:

Hayley said...

SOOO funny! I love it. Nothing like teenagers hitting on you, to boost your self esteem, right?

(Sienna eats cupcakes the same way).

bladenfamily said...

Very cute cupcake pictures!

That is a compliment. Take it and run. They have no idea. Boys are dumb.

Darin and Joanna said...

Hahahahaha....that is hilarious!

Kylene said...

Sounds like I missed one heck of a GNO!

Super cute cupcakes!

Shelly Traveller said...

Love it! If boys only knew what babies would actually do to their wife's body, there would probably be no children in the world.

mel said...

That's awesome! Thanks for the good laugh!

Josie Murdock said...

You crack me up!!!

Emily M said...

Those cupcakes are super cute! That is hilarious about those boys- sad I missed it!

Traci Crossley said...

THanks again for such a good laugh and I ill remember that day forever. Ya we still got it!!!!

Brittney said...

Yeehaw! I guess 30 is pretty darn good, huh?

Speaking of boys- they better watch out when your little girls get older. Those eyes are absolutely mesmerizing! Wow!

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

HEEHEE! MOMMA"S STILL GOT IT!!!! Love it! I always tell people that it's unfortunate that your mind doesn't age like your body does- as in my brain I'm still about 22. Then I look in my rear view mirror and notice the 3 car seats in a mini van that I'M driving and it pulls me back to reality. So if you can still get the young 'uns to yell at ya, I say congrats to you girl!

Cute pics of Isa too. If all kids only realized how someday, the battle will be to eat just the frosting and not the whole cupcake, plus about three more!

Jami said...

That story is awesome! Thanks for the laugh!

Natalie McKnight said...

That is hilarious! Everyone deserves a compliment like that on occasion.

Q and T McKnight said...

Oh my word, I can't stop laughing. Just remember it only gets better - when you reach my age the lovely girls now hang down to your navel, and when you laugh hysterically, you pee your pants. Ya gotta love what having children and aging do hand-in-hand to a body?!

Love,

Mom

Kiesha said...

I wouldn't even want to eat those cupcakes...there so adorable!

And your description of post-partum boobs...dead on! Hilarious!

Valerie C. said...

Such a funny story! Your house is looking so exciting and the trip to Arizona looks so nice and WARM!

Julie M. said...

Super cute cupcakes!

I was dying laughing! Serious on the post-nursing boobs. Deflated balloons for sure. Total compliment! :)