Sunday, April 11, 2010

Mini vacation

Well, I feel like our life is starting to settle down a little. We are getting settled into Chris's parents house, we have been here for 2 weeks and I think the girls are finally adjusted. You may remember my post from a few weeks back when I explained how EXCITED I was about having our hole dug for our house. Apparently that post cursed us because it rained and snowed.....and then snowed some more for like 2 weeks after that. So all of my excitement came to a halt when all I had to watch was snow instead of our house being built. Here's the updates.

This picture was taken back on 3/23, notice the beautiful blue skies in the background. Those left us quickly (LOL!!!)

Between 3/23 and Easter weekend, pretty much nothing happened......well, lots of bad weather happened.....explaining why there was no progress on the house. Last Friday there was finally a day where we were suppose to have 24 hours of good weather before the next big snow storm moved in, so the construction crew hopped on it and hurried and poured our foundation, garage and porch. I am sure you can imagine my excitement.....I was very excited!
And then just form last week to this week, holy cow they played catch up. They had like 10 guys working on our house from 8-5 and they got the floor put on, the walls up, the roof on, and the framing completely finished. Last week was sooooo exciting for us, I think I drove past the house like 5 times a day.....good thing we live close!


Here's our house in the works. It's soooo exciting. I will admit there are many night I wake up in the middle of the night for no reason at all and then I start thinking of all the fun ways to decorate the house and then I can't get back to sleep.....you should see the ridiculous bags under my eyes.
This is what the house looked like Friday night. It finally feels real now that we can see our house.

It's been busy the last couple of weeks so we decided to take the girls up to Bear Lake for the weekend and just RELAX. It was soooo nice and quite up there. We took the girls swimming and the girls were in heaven. For you locals.....did you know they built a Cafe Sabor up there???? We had killer Mexican food for dinner last night, and then topped it off with a famous Bear Lake raspberry shake. I was going to get pictures of the girls swimming, but this was Eva's first time and she was having too much fun, I couldn't pull myself out of the pool to take a picture, good thing I got a picture of my cuties in their swimsuits before we left.


And, I noticed I didn't make a post about Eva turning 10 months last week. She is growing up way too fast. This weekend up at Bear Lake she decided that she was ready to climb stairs.....and she climbed all 15 of them.....I don't know if I am ready for this. I think this means walking is around the corner. Isabella didn't walk until she was 18 months, so I am not used to this.




And since she's 10 months, I had to post my favorite 10 month old picture.

13 comments:

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

How exciting! I remember when we built our first house! We drove by it like 100 times a day and we lived with my in-laws as well, like 40 miles away! I am so excited for you guys!

Kylene said...

YAY for your house!! I'm so excited to see what your decorating mind decides to do with it! I'm excited for you guys. Keep us posted!

mel said...

Looks like a lot of fun for you guys! We are going to Bear Lake the end of May and I am way excited!

bladenfamily said...

Your house is looking great! That is so exciting. You'll have to take me to walk through it soon. Call me!

gely said...

how exciting!! I'll pray that you don't have any more rain or snow. Its pretty much mid April, by the time you know, you'll be moving into your new home. Good luck!!

Anna and Ben said...

I am so excited for you. Your house looks great. I am glad you got to go on a vacation. It is always so nice to get away!!

Brittney said...

YAY! So excited for you and your new house. Good luck on the sleep- sometimes our minds just get the best of us. Your girls are too darn cute.

Niki said...

I have wanted to look at your blog for some time now but I kep forgetting my password. Your littlest one is getting so big. CRAZY! I am sure you have heard but just in case you haven't, we are having a boy in August.!

Ktbug said...

Oh my goodness she is adorable. Congrats on the house. I'm sure it will be darling. I need you to decorate mine ;)

Valerie C. said...

Wow, they are getting things done quick on your house! I love the picture of Eva eating the brownie in the package!

bladenfamily said...

We'd love to do a walk or the park. Call when you wake up!

Jami said...

How Exciting and fun to build a home. It's coming along great- can't wait to see it all finished.

Veronica Tyler said...

It's shocking how fast houses "can" go up!

I didn't know your oldest didn't walk until 18 months, Grace was 16 months before she got the hang of it. I remember thinking that everyone else walked at 12 months - what's wrong with my baby? Keeping in mind she was only 14 months when I had my 2nd so I carried two around everywhere.... insane times!

Time just passes so fast with these little ones, soon Eva will be one and running around like her big sis!