Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Things People Say

Well, the due date is quickly approaching and I think we are just about ready. Actually are you ever completely ready??? I have boiled the binkies and bottles, cleaned and installed the car seat, packed my bags.....now it's just a waiting game. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone. Maybe it's because this time around I have a toddler that doesn't give me time to just stop and think about the idea of being pregnant. I went to the Doctor on Monday the 18th for my 37 week appointment, the Doc said NOTHING is going on....Nothing!!! No dialating, the baby is still up high...really NOTHING!! At 36 weeks with Isabella I was dialated to a 4 and like 50% effaced, and I had her at 38 1/2 weeks. It isn't looking that way with this little gal'. Wed. I will be exactly 38 weeks and it will just be a waiting game from there. But since I am nearing the end I thought it would be fun to post a picture and note some of the awesome things people have said in the last week.



Last Monday I went to Lee's to grocery shop and the boy who was checking my groceries begged that someone help me out to my car, his words were, "Really ma'am, let someone help you out to your car, I don't want you to go into labor in the parking lot." I laughed and explained to him that I was missing my aerobics class for this grocery shopping, really taking my own bags out to the car was the least I could do for myself!!

Last Saturday at Tony's Grove I was pulling my cart full of flowers around the store and one of the "man" employees said, "Are you even going to make it to gardening season?" Only a man would say that!! I explained if he could check me out right away so I could immediately get home and plant them, then the answer to his question would be "Yes."

Tuesday night for our Young Women activity we went to the bishop's store house to stock the shelves. Afterwards we were standing around drinking some Chocolate Milk and one of my Young Women said, "Melissa....you are HUGE!" I giggled because really she was just pointing out the obvious. But then she asked if my belly button had popped out yet?! I didn't have an "outee" with Isa but this time around I do, the girls were so excited that my belly button had finally popped out that next thing I know I had about 10 pairs of hands on my belly playing "Button button where's the button?" I now know what Buddha must feel like. They kept telling me to drink more chocolate milk so they could feel the baby kick. I just love my YW gals'-they always keep me on my toes!

And on Friday at a resteraunt I finally got asked the best question of all "Twins?" Oh the sweet little size 0, 19 year old, you just wait!

Some of the things that I am enjoying right now, that I will sadly miss when it's all over is Eva's nightly hickups. I always drink a big glass of chocolate milk right before bed, and without fail it always gives her the hiccups, they make me smile and it's so fun to watch. I am really going to miss Isabella coming over to me and asking me to "open the door" so she can sing Rock a Bye and Twinkle Twinkle to Eva. She has to put her lips right on my belly so Eva can hear her sing, it's the sweetest thing ever!

What an exciting journey it has been so far!

13 comments:

Kiesha said...

Those comments cracked me up! Hey, my belly button pops out when I'm only like 5 mo's pregnant. No tight shirts for me. :) Although by my 3rd pregnancy I stopped caring if that third nipple was pokin' through. :) You look great! And it's a good thing new babies sleep so much...during the day at least. You'll still get 1 on 1 time with Isabella. Seems like everything just eases in together. You'll be great!

Kylene said...

You are beautiful. I'm so happy for you guys. Gosh, it really has gone by quickly (easy for me to say huh!) :) Good Luck as you endure these last couple weeks. I wish I was there to make you dinner or watch Isabella for you. Keep us all posted!

Kylene said...

One more thing: You should video Isabella singing to your belly. That is a memory you'll want to watch and show Eva. When those two are fighting like crazy you can pull out the video and remind them of the times when there was SO MUCH LOVE! :)

Valerie C. said...

Ya! You are getting so close. A few weeks isn't too bad. (Even though it is the slowest part of the pregnancy.) I just had number 2 a few weeks ago and life with 2 isn't as hard as I had heard; maybe you better give me a few more months to have a definite opinion.

Stacey Irwin said...

First of all you don't look miserable enought to be that far along! you are too cute!
I love what people say don't you! And I don't know why people think they can reach and rub the buddah. simply because they feel like it! I just want to reach out and rub there's so they know how weird that really is!
Isa is darling and she will be such cute big sister!
Good luck with the next few weeks. go for lots of walks. but really that lil lady will come when she is good and ready!
Good luck!

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

Oh Melissa you sweet thing! You totally crack me up. You are too adorable and look amazing! Believe it or not now that I can't have any more babies I do miss this horribly uncomfortable last part of pregnancy. You are handling it like a champ. Thanks for putting up with my hubby this weeked. He was so excited to come, and I sure appreciate you guys having him!

Trisha said...

It's funny because I don't think you look that big at all! People are goofy...

Hayley said...

Doing NOTHING! That sucks! If it makes you feel better I was only dialated to a 1 when I went in labor with Adyson...

I will be thinking of you!

Atkinsons said...

AWW, Isabella singing to Eva is SO sweet!
People can say the funniest things to pregnant women. You seem to have a good attitude about it...I got annoyed with the comments and stares real fast. I didn't seem to get too many comments from strangers though, they all just thought I was a pregnant teen and would just stare at my belly. You look BEAUTIFUL!

Larson Family said...

You look great! Keep me posted on when Eva arrives. I can't wait to see another beautiful Hernandez baby. :)

Emily M said...

Gotta love what people say! At least you are taking it all in stride! You look so good by the way! I am so excited for Eva to get here- you better keep me posted- I have been working on a little something for her and am dying to see her! Take care these next couple of weeks- I too will be thinking of you! I am so jealous that you are about to deliver a little baby!

Brown said...

Melissa-You look great. Can't wait to hear that the baby is here.

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

Wow Melissa! You look GREAT! Can't wait to see pics of your little one! Good Luck with everything!