Sunday, May 3, 2009

Nightly Olympics/Nursery

After the first year of marriage Chris brought to my attention that we should have invested in a King size bed and not a Queen size bed. For the last 5 years, I have brought to his attention that our room isn't big enough for a King size, and that a Queen works just fine. After 4 months of "The Boppy" being jammed into his back at night, me tossing and turning, and yes, even an elbow or two in the face, I finally gave in and let him have his King size bed. So, I took a picture of my big 35 week belly in front of the bed just so I can explain the first part of the title of my Blog Post.



I found a really fun bedroom set that I loved, but after the boxsprings and mattress were delivered and we got everything assembled, I discovered that the bed is up to my belly button. Have you ever watched a toddler try to climb up onto a couch, it looks so akward, and in your mind you are thinking, "You can do it, just keep trying." That's pretty much the visual you should have with me trying to climb into bed every night. Not every first attempt is successful and I have even wondered if I should invest in a stepstool to get me through the next few weeks. And, as if it isn't akward enough trying to climb into bed at night, you should see me at 5:30 in the morning trying to get in/out of it in the dark for a potty run. Honestly! But, I must say that I have slept like an angel on that pillow top piece of heaven the last 2 weeks, why didn't my husband try to talk me into this sooner (LOL)!!!

And, ask me if I am excited???!!! The nursery is F-I-N-A-L-L-Y DONE! Waaahoooo!!! Yesterday my mother in law and I got the curtains sewn and Chris hung them up, and the room is finally complete......okay, maybe not complete until the babe arrives ;O)

Here are some pictures. I had soooo much fun putting this room together!!



Fun little daisy's on the frame, now it just needs some cute pictures in it (that will be your job Ashley!!!)


The picture didn't take that great, but I found this really fun ceramic plate and plate holder at Tai Pan, it's a really soft pink with antiqued corners. In case you think I was losing my mind and spelled the name incorrectly, we have had a slight adjustment with the name. Rather than spell "Ava" the traditional American way, we are spelling it "Eva" the traditional Spanish way. It will still be pronounced "A v a"-did I lose anyone? I know, we are going to confuse everyone!!!



Chris still finds this bunny creepy!! I Love it!
I found these fun tassles at Hobby Lobby and sewed them onto the curtains (okay, everyone should be laughing hysterically, like I sew, I LOVE glue guns!!!!)

Isabella's room is almost done, just a few more fixes and I will post pictures of her new room.

14 comments:

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

Love Love Love it!! You are amazing, you would never know that was the old Yankee room. AW! Heavens Yes we will fill those frames! WOOT! I am dying for a new bedroom set too, lovin yours! Where did you find that!? We still have your parents old bed frame!

Emily M said...

I SO want a King Size bed! I have been trying to talk Sean into one- but our room is too small to. I can only imagine trying to get into the monster bed all pregnant! I LOVE the nursery!! You have such an eye for decorating! I LOVE Eva spelled this way. I am so exicted to see your new baby when she gets here. You are getting close!

bladenfamily said...

Spectacular as usual. I love it! I hope you are still planning on decorating my house for me.

Amy Johnson said...

I love your big belly! And I'm so jealous of your king size bed! Me and Cody need one so bad! We are on our 8th year of marriage and we still don't even have a bedroom set (not even a headboard!)...someday we will win the lottery and splurge! Also, I love the nursery! So dainty! And I'm a huge fan of spelling your little girls name that way..."Eva". I love that spelling of it!!!

Trisha said...

This gets me so excited to start our baby room! We are having the guys do sheet rock in the basement today so soon the office will be downstairs and we can get started!

Stacey Irwin said...

That is soo cute! you are incredibly talented!

Laughing at the king size bed. I totally understand what you mean. I can barely get up on one. ( not that I have a king.. but someday.) and that isn't even having pregnancy as an excuse! I even do a running start type thing.. curses to being short!!
SO did it fit in your room then?

I love your room~ I love the name and the spelling. I swear the plate said ERA and I couldn't figure out if that was the name or not.. maybe it's the lighting!
But Eva is adorable!

april said...

Seriously so so cute!!! The nursery and YOU!! I love the colors and the curtains! You are so clever! I am with you, the extent of my skill with sewing is fixing a button, and even that is questionable at times.

Hayley said...

So beautiful! all of it!

Kiesha said...

You sure have a knack for decorating! I've lost all interest in decorating my little house becuase I've got so much CRAP between these small walls. I'm saving all that energy for our new house. However, I'm not as talented coming up with all those cute ideas. I am pretty talented at stealing them though so don't be suprised if you see something in my house pics that look exactly like yours! :) Let the COUNTDOWN begin! I'm so excited to see pics of little Eva.

The McCulloughs said...

Your blog is sooo cute!!! I'm so glad you found us on Mindy's blog. I had to buy a new bed a few months ago and Chris wisley told me to get a king size so that we'd have it when we were married. Smart guy! I just don't know how I'm going to get use to sharing it with someone now. :)

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

So Jeff and I just got a new black sleigh bed that once we put our mattress on I literally have to do a little hop to get into bed. That's hard enough so I'm not sure how you're doing it at 35 weeks!You are amazing. Plus, the nursery looks awesome. You just continue to impress and amaze!

Jami said...

I'm so looking forward to a king size bed. Between Paul and the dog there is no room left for me! I love your hat by the way I actually just bought me a tan one the other day that I'm excited to wear! And the baby room Very very cute!

Rachel said...

SO CUTE!! We just got a king size bed too (because Nate was whining about it) and at first I didn't like it, but not I LOVE IT!!

I think you need to charge for your decorating skills!

moi said...

That's a much cuter photo of the bunny, I don't think it's creepy anymore. What a FABULOUS room! I want you to do my decorating from now on! Complete it with Eva-hang in there!