Saturday, April 25, 2009

Big Girl Bed

It was an exciting week. Monday night Chris and I got Isabella's big girl bed put together and I got all her new bedding and stuffed animals put on the bed that way when Tuesday morning rolled around we could surprise her with her new bed. She was sooooo excited, she immediately grabbed the new stuffed frog off the bed and had to show us. We were prepared for a long restless night Tuesday night but she was all smiles climbing into her big girl bed. She was asleep within 5 minutes and we couldn't have been more proud of our big girl! I must admit now that I see her empty crib at night, it get's me a little teary and reminds me that Isa is no longer my baby. But then again it gets me so excited to know that it will have a little tiny body in it soon! Bitter sweet!

12 comments:

Emily M said...

That is so great that the first night went so well and that she is so excited about it!! I hope it continues to go well- this is when we lost Brooklyn and she ended up in our bed!

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

I cried when I got Rylee into her Big Girl bed too!

Todd and Julie Worthen said...

Kids grow up too fast! Just a warning: it seems like the second grows up quicker than the first! Enjoy every minute!

Kiesha said...

Hey there hot mama! Lookin' good! Let the official countdown begin! Milestones are bittersweet. You're so proud of the big moments but then it means they've just grown up before your eyes. It's always fun to snuggle with the little one's in THEIR new bed and read stories though. Enjoy!

bladenfamily said...

Their rooms were so cute. You did such a good job and got such a good deal. It was great to see you!

Rachel said...

I was so nervous when we switched Ty over to the big bed too, but it wasn't nearly as bad as a thought. I think the anticipation is the worst part and you can always say that they need to be a "BIG" boy/girl, for some reason that is motivation! :)

Sandy said...

Thanks for your fun comments and for checking up on me! You look absolutely adorable prego at 33 weeks! Not much longer for you! I meant to comment on the amouire makeover- darling! Can't wait to see a picture of your nursery after all your projects are done. I made the crib bedding for our little one too, what a chore! There's nothing on the walls in her room, but the crib is "decorated!"

Hayley said...

I love the adjustment to the big girl bed. It is so much fun, and she sure looks cute!

Kasey, Nicole, Lexie, and Kenzie said...

Oh my gosh! How are you? Your little girl is so cute. Congrats on the pregnancy. Are you having a boy or a girl? Are you guys still in smithfield? Thanks for finding us!

Jami said...

I keep putting off sticking Ellie in a big bed. I'm nervous to give her her freedom.

Heidi Kjar said...

so cute:) You are getting SO close! I love your 33 week pic- you look so darling! And the 2 bra thing ha ha love it!

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

I love her big girl bed, you must show it off...