Saturday, April 4, 2009

"No, I can Do It"

The last couple of weeks Isabella's favorite thing to tell me is "No, I can do it." And she uses this phrase with every scenario possible, buckling up in the car, changing her diaper (yes, I wish she could actually change her own diaper....I really need to get going with that potty training!!!) It cracks me up, and other times it really tests my patience because she truly believes she can do everything and anything. I even caught myself the other day saying to her, "You think you can do it but you can't Isabella." And then I had a flashback of Finding Nemo and promised I would never say that again. Well, this week I told Isabella that we needed to put her socks on so we could go and visit Grandma. Of course, she says to me, "No I can do it." So I left her some socks and came back in the room and this is what I found.

Obviously, I need to be more specific!! I just love this little chica!

16 comments:

bladenfamily said...

We're going through the same independent streak right now. Aren't they fun?? We're coming up in a few weeks. I'll call you!

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

What a QT! I love it when kids find their indpendence!

Stacey Irwin said...

So cute! You gotta love the independent stage. I found I used the phrase: "I know you can do it, but it's mommy's turn." It seemed to help with a battles a little bit.
I love the sock hands! ha!

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

Ugh, we are dealing with this same thing except our version is "Ady do it." I hear that so many times a day I hear it in my sleep. I don't remember my boys being this stubborn... I mean independent. But at least there are some really cute moments like those socks too right?!:)

mel said...

So cute. We really do need to enjoy all the little moments they go through because they pass through them way to quickly.

Emily M said...

That is so funny! She did get them on. I have to thank you for my new tradition of making your Sticky Buns recipe on Saturday of Conference- it is such a hit!

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

Haha, I love her little face. I love her- so funny!!

Q and T McKnight said...

Dad and I had sudden flash backs to when you were that age. Wonder where she inherited her independence . . . . hmmmmm? The positive side, if you can make it through the years and various stages, is seeing the final product of that independence - an awesome wife and mother!

Love you!

Mom and Dad

Amy Johnson said...

The bad news is...she will be doing that for quite a while longer! The good news....she looks so cute doing it! Good luck!

Hayley said...

Did she learn that phrase from my girls??

Why can't this weather warm up so we can go walking??

Rachel said...

At least she is creative!

Jami said...

I know just how you feel Ellie is going through that phase where she wants to do everything on her own-you've gotta love it. Funny thing is Ellie puts her socks on her hands all the time too!

april said...

I can sooo relate!!! It is so frusterating at times, especially when we are in a hurry! I need to start potty training too, ugh, yuck. I have heard too many horror stories. She seems to be content to just go in her diaper. I ask her all the time if she wants to go "big" potty and she usually says, "no." When she does want to try it, she just sits there forever with no results! But I am sure she will have it mastered at some point. Good luck!

Taneill said...

What a cutie! My three year loves using that line, too.

Taneill

Shanna said...

She is a pretty cute little chica! I think it would be hard to get mad when she is sooo cute! And so are you, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Isa just wants to gain her independence now so she can help you here in a couple months with the baby.
I can't wait to see how beautiful baby number 2 is going to be. By the way do we have a name yet? I love the pictures Ashley took of Isa.
I'm so excited for you to have another child. It will be so fun for you to see them interact. I'm sure your going to love having a littler helper around the house.