Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a wonderful New Years! We brought in the New Year with Chris's family and a little Rock Band. Somehow Chris and his little brother pulled me and my mother in law from our relaxing game of Scrabble to join them in singing and being crazy until 2 in the morning. We made quite the little Rock Band!

New Year's is all about making New Years Resolutions. They are kind of silly if you ask me! But, every year I find myself making a new one. This year I have 2, and only 2 resolutions.

1-Get Isabella Potty trained BEFORE the new baby arrives.
2-Get my house completely organized BEFORE the new baby arrives.

So with these Resolutions....the time is ticking. Any advice on the Potty training? I need all the advice there is!

Last year my New Year's Resolution included doing DEEP CLEANING on my house. So my new BFF was a vacuum. This year, this is my new BFF........


My Label Maker

The New Year's Resolution has already begun. Since Chris has a lot of vacation in December I took advantage of all the extra time I got to get things done. The Christmas Decor is all put away in Christmas totes, labeled with what's in them. My walk-in closet is completely cleaned out and organized, with labeled totes. I cleaned out the pantry. And now........the office.......this one scares me a little. But, I have started the dejunking, and now it's time to get organized!

15 comments:

Amy said...

great resolutions!!! ... especially love the organizing AND the label maker (MY bff!!)

good luck!!!

Stacey Irwin said...

I love your resolutions!
I love your label maker! I need something cool like that to inspire me too!
Good luck on the potty training.. Make sure she is ready or you'll both be frusterated.
What worked for us.. is:
Stickers. for every sucess. And a really cool toy on top of the fridge for when she goes.. she gets it.. when she has an accident it goes back on top of the fridge and she earns it back with more stickers. ( mine had to go pee twice before earning it back.)
Oh.. Patience.. lots and lots of patients.
I used the potty training in a day book for some really good techniques and idea's.. but of course potty training in a day is next to impossible. GOOD LUCK with your resolutions!
Happy New year~

Payne Family said...

Love the new back ground!! I am really jealous that you get to find out what you are having a week before me!! I go in on the 21st.
My suggestion for potty training. cool new undies. Trae opted for Spiderman and he never wanted to get him wet, worked like a charm.

Tami said...

I think potty training is the absolute worst part of parenting. I agree with Stacey, its got to be Isabella's idea. Believe me, I tried force and it backfired. Sigh....good luck. I do not envy you.

bladenfamily said...

You are fun. My label maker is one of my most prized possessions. I've been doing the same thing! I love to organize. Happy new year! How are you feeling?

Ktbug said...

Can you do my house while your at it? (No seriously!)
:)

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

You are awesome; way to go with the label maker. I loved your Christmas post by the way! Haha; the pop rocks are so funny. Still havent figured out how they work though!
Happy New Year!

Emilyjo said...

Way to be on top of things!!! Do you want to come organize my house? I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas and a happy New Year! Take care of yourself!
I can't wait to hear what you are having! I think it's a boy.

Staci said...

I love the resolutions and the label maker too funny! Potty training for me was okay I think it takes them a good 2-3 days for it to really click and after that it was smooth sailing. I helps if she has an older friend or someone her same age to show her how it's done. Gracee has a cousin Ellie that's just 7 months older and on day 2 or 3 she came over to play and I was trying to get Gracee to potty before going outside well Ellie went first hear the tinkle tinkle...then low and behold Gracee got on the toilet and tinkle tinkle...Bowel Movements were a bit tougher. but we finally got it. They kind of keep the same schedule as when in diapers with BM's so just try to gage it at the right time. Prizes are always fun. Gracee loves choc. chips the good kind so I'd totally use bribery. Good luck and stick with it. It takes a good week of being stuck at home.

Kiesha said...

We brought in the new year with some Rockband as well! And I must say, I've gotten pretty darn good at the drums! :)

My biggest potty training advice...don't start until she's actually interested or else you could be potty training for months! I've still yet to potty train Sam because she just isn't all that into it. I vow to do it before her 3rd b-day though!

p.s. if you need more things to label (and organize)...come on over!

Emily M said...

Can you come organize my house next? I love the label maker! I am with everyone else- I think that they have to be ready and interested in it. With Brooklyn I knew that if I pushed it on her she would rebel against me. But that is her personality. Good luck to ya!

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

Talk about Nesting! I wish that was the one thing about Pregnancy that stuck with me permanently!

Rachel said...

Wow! all that organizing is either depressing or inspiring. I think I will take Christmas down today :)

Todd and Julie Worthen said...

Great resolutions - or are you just nesting?!? Just kidding! Your blog is always so cute!

Heidi Kjar said...

Okay your motivating me to deep clean- it has been way to long since I've done that! The label maker is fantastic- never would have thought to get one of those, what a great idea!