Sunday, January 4, 2009

Our Curly Q goes straight

Chris and I thoght it would be fun to see what Isabella would look like with straight hair. When she was born she had gorgeous thick curly black Mexican hair. It was so pretty! And, sure enough she lost every strand. I cried when it all fell out. Surprisingly, it grew back in light brown and super super curly. It was kind of a fun surprise. We have had so much fun with her curly hair, but we were just curious what it would look like straight. So, I got my Chi out, and she actually sat on the vanity and watched me straighten her hair. She was laughing hysterically, she thought it was so funny! Unfortunately, when we were all done she looked like Sebastian Bach. Oh dear, are daughter resembles an 80's Butt Rock artist. Maybe we should stick to the curls!

Just in case you don't know who Sebastian Bach is....

After a good night's rest. She woke up with amazing body in her hair and so we thought we would tame it a little and put a clip in it, and poof it up a little. She looked so different, she suddenly didn't look like my little 2 year old (not even 2 yet).

The back view. She would run around the house swinging her hair back and forth as she ran. It would have made the perfect Pantene commercial!!

16 comments:

Michelle said...

Holy cow Melissa her hair is long! She is a doll! My girls really miss her you will have to come and play someday soon!

Kelli said...

Okay she looks so grown up. I miss seeing her. NO I don't get to work at home more but I did need a space to quilt, prepare lesson plans and work tons of hours and yes it is Mitch's old room. Did I tell you they gave me another class so I am teaching 3 classes now? Are you open for lunch this friday?? Call me

bladenfamily said...

Look how long and pretty her hair is! I have been tempted to do the same with Savanna. When I 'boing' her curls, it is so long! p.s. I just got a chi and I LOVE it! And, I like Sebastian Bach because of Gilmore Girls. There's nothing wrong with him:) He has pretty hair!

Shelly Traveller said...

I want to hair, it's so pretty both ways! But she does look way grown up with it straight!

JACKIE FLAHERTY said...

I can't belive how long her hair is when it is stright. I like the look, very cute!! Now you have a couple of different ways to do her hair. Fun, Fun.

JACKIE FLAHERTY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kylene said...

It is so long! Definitely give Pantene a call. This girl is so cute she could make you millions!

Kiesha said...

Luv it! I want her hair! It'll be interesting to see if the new baby gets the same head of hair.

Stacey Irwin said...

Her hair looks tons longer! I think it is so pretty. But man I love her curls. He hair straight makes her look so grown up. I can't believe she sat still for you! Her hair color is super pretty too~

Tina said...

So cute. I wish my hair would look like that in the back.

Congrats on baby!!!! What a wonderful story that had me in tears for you.

Emilyjo said...

I can't believe how grown up she is! What a cutie. She takes after her mother. ;)

Oh, and Happy Birthday today!!!! I hope you got to do something fun and exciting!

GINGERSPICE said...

Her hair looks beautiful like that! Wow! I can't believe she sat through the whole thing...

Jamie would love it if Brooke sat for her!

How long did it take you?

Hey, I don't know if you got my message on Facebook, but we want to invite you to our sealing on the 24th. Let me know if you can make it and I'll give you a call with the details.

GINGERSPICE said...

P.S. Can you help me? I need some blogging help! Where do you get your templates and how do you do that thing in the main box on top? ( With the pictures of Isa in them?)

mel said...

She looks so pretty. Please tell me you will never enter her in a beauty pageant!

Amy Johnson said...

Beautiful!!! She looks like she's 4 or 5!!!! Crazy!

Staci said...

Okay first of all, Sebastian Bach??? She's way too beautiful for Sebastian look a likes! I totally understand though. My mom and I straightened Gracee's hair once and oh my! Not the same child. Gracee's hair isn't nearly as thick as Isa's so it was a complete mess. Isa is just too cute. I could totally eat her up.