Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween is getting closer

I know I have mentioned time after time, I just love this time of year. We have had a fun week! Friday night we had a YM/YW combined activity with another ward, and we met together at our Young Women President's house for smores, popcorn, Hot Chocolate and a little scary movie out on the lawn. The kids had a lot of fun, Chris had to close at work that night, so I bundled up Isabella and we headed to the movies. She ate more than her fair share of Smores, but she was in heaven, I had to post a picture of her all bundled up, she looked like a little lumber jack!

Saturday was the annual Hernandez halloween party. My cute brother in law, Kyle, always throws a killer party every year!! We were telling him last night that someday he needs to go into party planning, he's awesome at it!! He gets the house all decorated spooky, and then makes the most amazing food ever. What are we going to do after he leaves on his mission?????? No one can throw a party like him!!

Here's what was on the menu this year: Skeleton ham and cream cheese roll ups, Spider Web 7 layer bean dip and chips, Stromboli Snake Sandwiches, Orange Cheese Ball with crackers floating on witches brew, Peanut Butter and Chocolate brownies, and Witches Punch with Sherbet Ice Cream. I know...isn't he amazing!! It was delic!!...okay, and I am probably 5 Lbs. heavier today, but totally worth it!


This next picture is totally random, but I have always had a fear that my kids would get stuck with my terrible teeth. When I was little (some of you may remember), I had a killer overbite...yes a.k.a "buckteeth". I had braces from 2nd-8th grade. So, in High School it was great having straight teeth, it was just the 6 years leading up to it that was really brutal. Well, all of Isabella's teeth are in, and......my biggest fear has come true......look at her poor overbite!!!!

Can someone please get this kid a clean shirt?

11 comments:

Q and T McKnight said...

Wow! Kyle puts on quite a party. Love the pictures of all the food, and we really love the picture of Isabella's binky (I mean buck teeth)!

Love you guys!

Mom and Dad

Emily M said...

What a fun party. I feel bad for my kids- I just am not a Halloween lover. I love Isa's teeth- it is also my fear that my kids will have bad teeth.

Josie Murdock said...

Too cute!!

Hayley said...

I cannot believe Kyle did all that! Tell him I am impressed!

You should post some of those recipes on your cooking blog. I am trying to plan my Halloween menu.

Stacey Irwin said...

Wow! now that is a cool party!!!
I can't believe all that cool look'n food!

Isa's buck teeth are so funny! I too have the same fear that my kids are going to get my huge rabbit teeth!
aww the adolecent pains!

Happy Halloween!

Trisha said...

This makes me hungry!

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

I saw pics from the party on Kyle's Facebook; he is AWESOME! I love the first & last pics of Isa! Those binkys crack me up! We need to do a dinner with Grandpa Winn & Pat sometime soon; its been a lil while since ive seen Isa!

Jami said...

I'd like to come to that party! Very creative with the food. I love the teeth picture-very funny!

Kiesha said...

-K, where did you gt that binki? That's hilarious! Your bro-in-law is super creative. Kudos for a job well done! (and I'm taking notes for future parties)

Anonymous said...

OH I LOVE that picture of Isabella's Funny teeth!!! So cute/funny :)

JACKIE FLAHERTY said...

I want to come to your parties! It sounds like you have had alot of fun.