Friday, August 1, 2008

Peek-A-Boo

Being the addicted blogger that I am, I couldn't possibly go longer than a week without posting. Which I haven't, it's only been five days. But it has been THE MOST BORING WEEK EVER, so I have to write about it! Can I just say that it absolutely kills me to be stuck inside the house for more than 24 hours straight, especially in the summer time. But, Isabella came down with a really high fever on Sunday night and she had it until Wednesday. The only thing she wanted to do was lay in my arms and snuggle. As a mom, I absolutely cherish these cuddly sweet moments, and not to mention the fact that I "somehow" didn't have time to do any laundry or cleaning on Monday or Tuesday because I was so consumed with snuggling. Oh well, laundry can always wait. I just told my husband Tuesday night that he had to go commando to work on Wednesday morning (lol). But, by Wednesday Isabella was feeling well enough that she didn't want to snuggle, but not well enough that she threw tantrums the entire day...and not to mention all day Thursday. Okay, I think I am a fairly patient person but by day 4 being stuck in the house, I was begging for something to do besides watching Dora the Explorer. Not that I don't completely enjoy broadening my horizons by learning a second language, but...enough, enough, enough. Has any one else noticed that the inflection Dora uses on her voice is a little over the top? Can you say obnoxious....pause....louder......(you would only get this if you have watched Dora at some point in your life).

So, I have included just a couple pictures. I normally have like 70 pictures to choose from to post to my blog, but this week I didn't have a lot of choices. So, enjoy what I got. This is us Wednesday, so desperate for some type of entertainment that we went out on the front porch and played peek-a-boo. Sick and tired, she still has the cutest little smile that makes my heart melt!



And with all the long naps she took, I had plenty of time to catch up on scrapbooking (since there was no laundry or cleaning to be done....wink wink).



by the way, this super cute digi kit is available "free" this month at gg digital designs, go get it!

15 comments:

Stacey Irwin said...

Oh girl, I feel your pain. Dont worry your husband will get used and come to embrace the "commando" way! I's sorry Isabelle was sick.. poor girl! I was laughing at your dora comments. I will just say amen and Halleljah!
Maybe we should start A blog Anon. club.. I just can't leave the thing alone! You peek - a boo- pictures were cute.

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

Hope she get's better soon!

Emily M said...

Sick kids are the worst! I am glad she is starting to feel better. I am with you about being stuck in the house. I hope you have a better week this week.

Tina said...

I feel like I am stuck in the house 24-7 with 3 kids so live it up. We have done fun things this summer but I am telling you it is just easier to go stir-crazy at home then to go balistic outside of the home in public with the 3. I love my girls and I really wouldn't trade it(most of the time), but lets just say I am used to staying at home going crazy.

bladenfamily said...

Wow, we are in the same position. I wish we lived closer. IT's nice to know I'm not the only one...good luck!

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

Cute scrapbook page! I love it :)

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

Oh and Im sorry Isa has been sick! If you guys ever need anything- we are always here!

GINGERSPICE said...

You do realize Barack Obama would be very proud of you learning another language... even if it is by Dora :)... This man running for President has recently made fun of us Americans who cannot speak a foreign language ( He never mentioned HE doesn't even know 2 languages).... So as boring as a week it's been... you're making this man proud! :)
Girl I understand where you're coming from... it gets hard to be cooped up inside... but at least you took advantage of all those cuddles!!!

Rachel said...

Hope she gets better soon, I don't think I could stand Dora for that long....I am off to get that kit! :) Thanks!

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

Are you kidding? I should be the one thanking you. My boy needed a break bad and I just appreciate you being willing to give up time with your hubby so they could hang. And for being willing to host the fun at your house. Thanks loads. Hope Isa is all better. Sickies are the worst. It makes everything stressful and the day that is supposedly only 24 hours seem a whole lot longer!:)

Kiesha said...

I hate it when the chillins are sick. Don't ya wish you could trade them places? Breaks your heart. Glad she's feelin' better!

Shelly Traveller said...

I thought your not supposed to get sick in the summer, well that is the way that I think it should be! I'm glad you managed to get alittle time outside, cute pictures!
Thanks for sharing the kit, I'll go get it!

Jami said...

I know who you feel! Ellie hasn't been feeling too well this past week and also had a fever. I think her's is due to the fact that she's got 4 teeth coming in right now. I hope your little one feels better soon!

Adams Clan said...

Ya, Davey was you right your blog is crazy, CRAZY CUTE!!!! Don't worry about Friday night it wasn't a big deal. We are just glad we had you guys to hang out with. Yes, we do need to get together before summers over. Who knows we may be neighbors soon (kind of)!!

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

Im sorry you couldnt get in this week! Lately I have been at least 2- 3 weeks all booked up until 7 or 8, i have some wicked long days ahead of me with school starting people are just getting their last minute do's! It will sizzle down after August though. I will let you know if I have a cancellation my dear:)