Sunday, June 8, 2008

We're Home

Well, we're back. It's been 10 wonderful days of vacation, and we've only been back for a few hours. But since I am totally O.C.D. I totally had to post pictures of our trip instead of unpack my suitcase (that's no fun)! So, if you read my previous post, we flew into Minneapolis for the first few days of vacation so we could shop at the Mall Of America, and that is always fun. Me and my mom went CRAZY!!! It was a blast and we totally wore ourselves out, somehow the babe was able to keep up with us. She's a shopper! And of course the Yankee games were super exciting!The rest of the week we spent at my parents house in South Dakota. Chris and I were so excited for vacation, we packed our swimsuits and was hoping to get our first tan of the summer season. No such luck, come to find out in never rains in Brookings, S.D. (except for when we are there). We finally got so annoyed at the rain that Thursday afternoon we decided to go with plan B, and still take Isabella swimming. Here are the pict's

Okay, so it's not the city pool, but we gave up. Grandma's tub was the next best thing, and the bonus was she got to watch Baby Einstein while she swam. While Isabella was watching the tub drain, I looked over and saw this. I couldn't resist, I had to capture it!
Chris and I had plenty of time to relax. It was lots of R&R for us. When my parents went to sleep at night, they had no idea what was going on in their basement. Facials and more facials. Chris loved it (wink wink)
Isabella put on all her silly faces for grandma and grandpa, she definately kept us all entertained the entire trip!
But, best of all, we got to spend time with Grandma and Grandpa. Isabella was spoiled rotten with lots of attention, and lots of lots of hugs and kisses. This has been really hard for me to have my parents so far away, so it was so special to spend 10 days with them. Isabella doesn't get to see them enough, but she definately knows who they are. Look at her giving Grandpa a kiss, how sweet is that?

20 comments:

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

Aw! What a fun trip you guys had with your parents, we havent talked to them in forever. Their house looks so pretty. Those pics are so funny with the facials. Chris looks so happy :) haha. Glad you guys had such a fun trip!

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

Way cute pics.! Bummer that it rained so much. Way to take the facials like a man Chris! And come on weren't they the tiniest bit fun?!

Janette said...

How fun. It looks and sounds like you guys had a great time, facials and all! :) How fun to be able to spend 10 days with your parents since you don't get to see them very often. Gotta love it!

Kelli said...

I am so glad you are home. Call me when you get settled in. I have a surprise for you to see but I won't have it until Thursday I think.
Missed you
Kel

Kylene said...

I'm glad you have a facial buddy. Just be sure not to start anything on fire! ;)

Isa is beautiful and I love all the pic's. I'm excited to see you this weekend!!

Hayley said...

I love the picture of Isa with her cute little butt crack showing!

At our house Adyson gets called "but crack barbie" quite often!

Stacey Irwin said...

how cute it that! those picture are great! and it looks like you guys had a great time! I love the smimming in the jacuzzie that is awesome!!!! You hubby is a better sport them mine would be with the facial... I give him snaps!!!! glad you had a fun!

april said...

How fun for you guys to spend some time with your parents! It is crazy that they moved so far away! That would be so hard, especially since they were living in Logan. I still remember working with your mom on the Head Start Board, seems like yesterday. Wow, time flies! Love the facial shots!

Niki said...

Way cute pics! What kind of camera do you have? It must be a professional right? Or is that just you?

Heidi Kjar said...

So fun! I think its way cool your hubby did facials with you- I might have to talk Jer into trying that one night w/me:).

Emily M said...

I am so glad that you had such a great trip. Parents are the best! I don't think I can say enough how cute Isa is.
(i am with you- i totally hate unpacking)

bladenfamily said...

That looks like such a good trip. My favorite shot is the swimming suit crack picture! What a doll!

Larson Family said...

Your posts are always cute and entertaining. You are great with the camera. It sounds like you had a fun time on your trip. See you Saturday!

Rachel said...

I hate unpacking too, but I also HATE doing all the laundry that there is after vacation! Glad you had a great time....oh, and love Chris with the facials, Nate would never! Tell him he is a good sport :)

Amy Johnson said...

That butt crack picture is possibly one of the greatest pics I've ever seen! So frameable!!! I'm glad you had a fun safe trip! Sorry the weather sucked so bad!

Jas & Cam Fam said...

Where are you living? I see sun and warmth in your pictures? We just arrived here in Alaska...I mean CV! I am ready to go back to my warm Las Vegas!
I know I've said this before, but your Isa is on of the cutest babies ever!

tiki_lady said...

I hope you don't mind. I just clicked over after you left a comment on the kidman blog. I love your blog and you have an adorable little girl, who is so sweet. I had to read all of your blogs on the first page.

Janette said...

I tagged you!

Anonymous said...

So...your daughter is so adorable. She should be a baby model. I wish I went to go visit Theresa. Glad you guys had fun!

Anonymous said...

haha...those are some hilarious pics.