Monday, June 2, 2008

Take me out to the ball game

For months now, Chris and I have been anticipating our trip to come out and visit my parents in South Dakota. Chris was extra excited this year because we flew into Minneapolis first to catch a few baseball games. The Minneapolis Twins were playing the NY Yankees (which is our favorite team.) We went to the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday game. I actually gave my Saturday ticket to my dad so he could go see a game. My dad and Chris had a great time, the game went into 12 innings. The games were a blast, and I couldn't believe how many other people were wearing Yankee shirts. I was a little nervous about getting beat up with our Yankee apparell on. The bonus of my husband being a Yankee fan is that they just so happen to have the hottest players in the MLB. If you don't believe me, I was able to snap a few good pictures (of their better side of course).

Derek Jeter, my personal favorite, #2 up to bat. Man is he good looking!!!


Johnny Damon, oh aren't we glad the Red Sox were willing to give up this little hottie.
And, how can I forget about A-Rod!
It was such an awesome weekend, and my parents were so sweet to take Isabella and play while we went to the games. We were also able to get in lots and lots of shopping at the Mall of America. It was so so fun. Sunday night we drove back to my parents house. They live about 4 hours out of Minneapolis. On our drive to S.D. we went through some pretty stinky parts of Minnesota. Isabella learned how to say "P.U." and plug her little nose. We laughed sooo hard, she is such a hoot!!


20 comments:

Rachel said...

Jeter is my favorite too.....he is HOTT! That sounds like a fun trip and I didn't even know your parents had moved! :)

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

I'm sure your parents were so happy to see your family. Jeter is a hottie!

Kelsie said...

lOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD A GOOD TIME AT THE BIG GAME. I LOVE BASEBALL BUT I HAVE TO ADMIT IM A ATLANT BRAVES FAN AND CHIPPER JONES IS A HOTTIE AS WELL AS JETER. THAT IS SO CUTE ABOUT ISABELLA. WHAT A CUTIE PIE SHE IS...

christina said...

I remember Chris telling me about this, and I was so jealous! I'm glad you guys had a wonderful time!

Quinn and Melanie said...

How fun! You are much better wife then me. I could never last that many games!! Tell Chris he is extra blessed to have married a Yankee fan!!! It is always fun to spend time with family, especially when they take over your kids!! I am glad you had fun and are all feeling better.

Janette said...

Looks you guys had so much fun. I love the P.U. picture, to cute! :)

Kelli said...

I am so glad you finally posted. I called your house to see if everything was okay and then I realized you must have gone out to see the fam. Miss you. I have many surprises when you get home.

bladenfamily said...

Baseball games are the best. We used to go a lot when we lived in St. Louis. How fun!

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

Glad you guys had a fun trip to South Dakota! I know much you guys were looking forward to the games! You look so blonde in that picture Melissa! Love it. Oh my gosh, someday I want to go to the mall of America. I'm Jealous! I love Isa's new face- she cracks me up. If you need me to take her while you are at camp, let me know- serious!

Hayley said...

I was wondering if you were okay...feeling better?

I love the stinky face! She's a funny kid!

Stacey Irwin said...

That p.u face is hilarious!!! It looks like you guys had a blast!You are a good sport. to sit thru all those games. I want to know how the mall of america was?! glad you had fun!

april said...

so so fun!! cute pic of you two!

Heidi Kjar said...

Could your little girl get any cuter? I don't think so! The "P.U." thing and plugging her nose- so cute! Looks like you had a fun get away!

Paula said...

I agree the Yankees do have some hotties. I have always thought the Johnny Damon was way HOT! I am glad I am not the only one. I love going to baseball games. THat is the only time I can eat a hot dog and enjoy it. I am glad you had a good trip.

Emily M said...

so I am at my aunt's house using her computer and she was signed in when I left the last post. so the one that says paula is really from me.

Niki said...

That is soo cute, Isa does the cutest things! I bet you had a lot of fun with your parents, when my mom and I go shopping it is the most fun EVER!!!

Kylene said...

I'm so glad you guys are having so much fun. It's always so nice to get away for awhile. Isa is a crack-up. I love the pic.

As for me, NOPE, no announcement here. I keep waiting for you! :)

Also, I'm going to come to the reunion so let me know what all the girls are doing so I can meet up with you somewhere. THANKS!

Emilyjo said...

I'm glad you guys are having a nice vacation! My grandparents live in Mineapollis so the Mall of America is one of our favorite places as well as the baseball domb! So when do you guys get back?

And to answer your questions, we did sell our house, we close on June 17th! So you better get back so we can go swimming once before we move!
One more question? Are you going to your ten year reunion this next weekend? I'm trying to convince Andy to go.

GINGERSPICE said...

What a blast! I've been to a couple Yankee/Mets games back in the day and they were so fun! I bet your parents were so excited to have you there! I check their blog every once in awhile.. does your mother not get on very often?

Anyway, love your pics, your blogs are always so cute. Ultrasounds are amazing, we find out in two weeks what we're having :) YAY!!!