Sunday, June 15, 2008

Summer Days are Here

I have the biggest smile on my face, because SUMMER (I think) is finally here. Someone pinch me, is it really summer? It felt so so good to be outside and soak up the sun this week. My cute neighbor Emily called us Friday afternoon and invited us over to swim with her kids in the kiddie pools. I was so excited Isabella would have some kids to play with and swim. We went over and there were about 7 other kids playing in the water and I thought Isabella would be so excited! As soon as I put her in the pool the screaming began. She was terrified. Okay moms, any suggestions for kids that are terrified of almost everything?? She just sat next to me on the steps for 2 hours and watched the kids play. She is such a momma's girl.



Friday night we had Chris's work party at the Logan Aquatic Center. I am so happy that Chris works for a company that values families. They are always doing fun activities for employees and their families. This is Isa and her friend Trey. We have already arranged the marriage of these two. By the time Trey gets home from his mission, Isabella will just be getting ready to date (21). Aren't they just the cutest little couple?

This weekend was absolutely beautiful. We went down to summerfest and walked around and enjoyed a sunny Saturday and ate yummy food. It was also my 10 year High School Reunion. I can't believe it has been 10 years ( I bet everyone says that at their 10 year). But it was so fun to see old friends. "The girls" decided that this would be a fun girls night out, so we all went together and left our husbands home (which they gladly thanked us for). Here are some of the pictures from Saturday night. Thanks girls, my cheeks hurt so bad when I got home from laughing so hard. I have the best friends a girl could ever ask for.

Michelle, Em, and me

Me and Kylene


Where my girls at?? We're totally sportin ourselves in front of Traci's mini-van. Saweet!! Thanks Traci fo putting up with all of us in one vehicle, it was a blast!!



And last but not least, Happy Father's Day! Happy Father's Day to my sweet dad, he has always been one of the hardest workers I know. He has always been a patient and wonderful example in my life, I love you dad! And Happy Father's Day to my cute hubby Chris. Thanks for working so hard and providing so much for our family. You are such an amazing dad, and Isabella looks up to you. Isabella and I love you so so much!

17 comments:

Kiesha said...

Hey hotties! It was fun to actually SEE you at the reunion. I don't feel like I got to talk to everyone enough though. Here's to the next ten years!

Emily M said...

I don't think I can tell you enough how adorable Isa is! Last night was so much fun! And not to toot out own horns, but we are some good lookings gals!

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

Fun! I really wished I could have been at the reunion, but Ryan and I just got back from Canun. I think I saw Scott Mortenson at the Airport friday around midnight. I'm still really jet lagged! Tell me how it went!

Amy Johnson said...

So, if that was your 10 year...than I have been out of HS for 11 years???? Where did the time go? And I don't even remember being invited to a 10 year reunion! It would have been fun to see some old HS buddies.

GINGERSPICE said...

10 years already? My My aren't we getting OLD!! Wow, but you look HOT! Seriously, you look so good. That was cool to see pics of all your friends...Michelle.. what is she up too?

That's so nice to see pics of your Mom and Dad... I wish they were around, our families are really spreading out!

Hayley said...

My Adyson is scared of everything too. I used to push her, and now I have just realized that this is just the way she is and appreciate her. When I back off, she seems to find her bravery much easier.

I love the girls pic. Makes me want to give Britt a big hug!

Quinn and Melanie said...

Looks like you had fun at the reunion.. Quinn said he would rather cut off his leg.. so we stayed home. Cute friends!! You all look like hot mamas!! It is always good to be a kid again! No ideas for Isa swimming. Paige LOVES it. It is actually really scary. She dives right in face first!! I do not know what is worse??? I have a panic attack every time she goes under!

Jami said...

I bet that was fun to see everyone at your reunion it's crazy that it's already been 10 years! I love that picture with Isabella with her shades she's sooo cute!

Rachel said...

It was a fun time at the reunion, actually more fun than I thought. Nate (my hubby) even thought so (which is a major victory). I don't feel like there was enough time to talk to everybody though.........

Stacey Irwin said...

how fun is that... Time goes by too fast. (I used to hate when my parents say that!) It always fun to get together with old friends!
With Isa.. make it her desicion.. I would have to do this with my Ethan. He was terrified of everything.. you have to ask yourself does it really matter or not. Maybe the water was just to cold? She's really is a beautiful little girl!

Kylene said...

WE look hot! :) Oh my gosh, I had so much fun with everyone Saturday night. I really need to get down there more and hang out with you guys. My cheeks hurt too! Thanks for the laughs and great memories!

Isa is way too cute!

Trisha said...

Glad that the reunion was great. Dave came up for it as well and I started wondering if they will even do one for our class?

Heidi Kjar said...

So fun to see all you girls in the reunion picture! You guys are all SO cute and it sounds like you had a blast laughing. That is one of my favorite things to do, get together with the girls and just laugh and laugh about the dumbest things:).

bladenfamily said...

Wow, how fun! I can't believe how time flies. My 10 year is next year. Your little Isa is so so cute! We need to come up and play again. It's getting hot down here!

Anonymous said...

LOL at the "I rather cut off my leg than go to the reunion." Sad that I felt the same way. Looks like you all had fun though.

Do you ever see Shandi? Tell her HI if you do.

Take Care,
Katie

Niki said...

It is so good to have friends to do fun things with! I love the pic of Isa sitting on the porch, she looks so cute and almost like she is the referie (how ever you spell it)of the kids in the pool.

Valerie C. said...

Melissa,
Cute blog, and what the heck, I didn't even see you at the reunion! Well the pictures were cute and your little girl is a cutie!
-Valerie