Thursday, April 10, 2008

Cooking Light

Many of you know that I have been trying to work my butt off (literally). Just a quick update, since I started water aerobics I have lost 12 pounds. I wish I could contribute all my weight loss to aerobics, but food is always a factor. And, Chris has lost 12 pounds (just this month), don't you just hate men!!! They should be the ones that have babies since they can loose the weight so easy, don't you agree?

Anyways, I have found a great cookbook with lots of great healthy recipes and we have been sticking to these recipes for dinner. I totally hate salad and lots of fish as a way to loose weight. I like "real" food. Many friends and family members have been asking for these recipes that I have been using. So, if you would like any of these recipes I will be adding them to my Kitchen blog. http://www.melissaskitchen.blogspot.com/ You can click on the link directly on the left sidebar of my blog.

I promise that I will only post recipes that I have tested. There's nothing worse than a yucky diet dinner. So, I will try to be good and post at least one if not two new recipes a week. When you go to my Kitchen blog, click on the Cooking Light link and it will directly take you to the healthy recipes. I hope that this helps some of you out there who are struggling like I was to make healthy and yummy meals. Enjoy!

12 comments:

Heidi Kjar said...

Just wanted to thank you for your post on your Relief Society party- I was trying to think of what to do the Relief Society Lesson on this Sunday and thought of your theme for your RS thing that you wrote about ("I have felt the Masters touch in the sisters hands". We get to pick the topic b/c it is for the presidency msg...so I wasn't sure what to do the lesson on this time, but then thought of that theme and I think it will make a neat lesson. So I went back to your blog and downloaded that song from the website. So thanks!

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

Dieting is so hard! I hate how empty "healthy" food can taste sometimes. Real food is the best. Especially cheeseburgers!

Emily M said...

Thanks for the recipes. That is so great about the loss of pounds it is always such a big accomplishment. I was telling sean just the other day that I wish I had more ambition to get up early and exercise. Keep up the hard work!!!

Stacey Irwin said...

First of all. . . I can't imagine you needing to lose weight.. at all. you were always soo tiny and judging from your pictures that really hasn't changed. But i'm way proud of you... I too agree about health food, most times taste like whey and cardboard.. So I'm excited to watch your recipe blog for new things to try that actually has nutrional value! Way to go I wish I lived closer so I could hook up & do water aerobics with you! ( heaven knows I need to!)
although I seriously think it unfair that men sweat off 12 lbs just by thinking about it... what is that!where's the justice?. . the gratitude?. . . aren't we sapposed to be the fairer sex? and why does that"all the sudden" change with children and age? looks like time for another piece of chocolate!:)

Amy Johnson said...

It's like you can read my mind! Me and Cody have decided to both go on a diet and he is losing weight like crazy! I'm eating better than I ever have before and seem to be gaining or standing still weight wise! So, I'm super frustrated! My problem also is that I'm a super picky eater, so it's hard for me to find foods that I can actually stand to eat that are healthy!! So I'm stoked to check out the yummy meals that you have tested!

Hayley said...

Thanks for the recipes. I am trying once again...to lose some weight...we shall see how it goes.

I have to tell you that today after I ran into you I raved on and on about how beautiful your little one is. I think she is just so pretty and should win a contest or something.

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

Hey Lis! you totally dont need to lose weight but I know its a huge commitment so good job! We will be home today- cleaning n stuff so if you guys want to stop by you can! The house is not put together so you will just have to pardon the mess! See you today!

Chambers Clan said...

That's wonderful! Congrats on the 12 pounds! At least you are tied with Chris:) We have recommitted ourselves also. My dad has been a member of Weight Watchers for 4 years and is almost to his goal weight. He said the eating right is the key to losing weight...the exercise is to help us shape up. (He doesn't like to exercise:) I agree with that and can't wait to check out your recipes. Thanks for doing the grunt work for us:)

Rachel said...

thanks for the ideas! They look delicious, I will definitely try them---good job on the 12 pounds. I usually try to lose weight and then a couple weeks later, I don't care enough to keep going, so GOOD JOB! :)

Ash said...

Congrats to you losing 12! I did Weight Watchers after Payzli, and literally the week after I had maintained my goal for 6 weeks(became a lifer)I found out I was pregnant. Well, once again for the second time since Ayda was born I started back up last week. My dad and mom are doing it with me. It's so much easier when you have someone to compare notes with.
Now I just need to get off my butt and come to water aerobics.
Hopefully I'll see you there soon!
Thanks for the recipe ideas. I'm always in search of a yummy/healthy recipe!

Niki said...

Hi! No, I haven't put her in any classes yet, I tought the one at the Sports Academy a few times and the kids seemed to really like that, she is just so full of energy and she just does the funniest things sometimes, just like you saw. I can't wait to put her in some classes thought, I think she will just love it, and so will I:) That was funny about the Time out Comment, sometimes I wonder if she should be in Time out for a lot longer than the recommended time.!

Anonymous said...

Ok spill the beans.... Where can we get the book? Title? Author? Let me know. I'm doing the sports academy big loser competition so this could help me out alot. Blog me and let me know :)