2 years later, my mom's secretary and her husband (who just happened to be Chris's misison companion), came over to visit us one night. Chris's mission companion, Jared, caught me at the house and asked if I wanted to go out with his friend. At the time, I was just dating around, so I was like "sure," and didn't think much of it. So, here I am ready for a blind date. And yep, you guessed it, it was Chris. We both got a good giggle out of the whole situation. So, first date: October (sometime) 2002. One thing that really sticks out in my mind about our first date is he was the biggest gentleman I had met in a long long time. I didn't know we were going miniature golfing, and it was October, so the nights get chilly. And of course I had flip flops on, that's all I wear (even in the winter). So, I was just freezin. After every put, he would grab my hand and put it in his sweater pockets to keep them warm, and I thought that was so sweet.
Well the date ended, it was fun, but I didn't think much of it. The following week, my cousin Dani called and said that her and Ashton wanted to watch a Halloween movie, and I should find a date. Now, I'm not the kind of girl that likes to call and ask boys out. But, as I was talking to her I had this gut feeling that I should call Chris and see what he was doing. Sure enough, he was available and that night we watched Arachnaphobia. The movie ended and Dani and Ashton left. And, it was one of those moments were you know you're suppose to take your date home, but what you really want to do is spend like 7 more hours with this person. So, Chris was telling me that he heard of this really cool thing where you listen to Pink Floyd (one of Chris's favorite) and watch Wizard of Oz and the music goes with movie. So we stayed up late and watched Wizard of Oz. It was that night, that I knew I had a big crush!
The story goes on, we dated another 14 months, and we didn't miss a day seeing each other. In December of 2003, I was working as a trainer for Convergys and they asked if I would go to Baton Rouge, LA and train for 5 weeks. I cried, the thought of leaving Chris for 5 weeks (especially during the holidays) made me so sad. But, there is a reason I went. The saying is true, "Distance makes the heart grow fonder." So, I went to Baton Rouge and missed him every second. My nights were filled with Chilli's delivering Cajun Chicken Pasta and cheesecake to my room while I watched Christmas shows on TV in my hotel room by myself. Chris, suprised me and came down for a weekend. We had so much fun, we went to New Orleans and played and went on a gator tour. Here is a picture of us holding a gator.
After he flew home, it was then, that I knew I was madly in love with him, and I never wanted to be apart from him ever again. After I got home, 2 weeks later he proposed.
We were married May 8, 2004 in the Logan Temple. The temple grounds were breathtaking that day. It was totally perfect!

After being married a few short months, my boss TOLD me that I would be traveling for 3 months straight to Baton Rouge, Oklahoma City, Nashville, Texas, and Canada to train. I was so sad. I traveled to Oklahoma City, Nashville, and Baton Rouge. After 3 long weeks, I got on my knees and prayed, and I had the most overwhelming feeling that I needed to be home with my new husband enjoying our new marriage. I flew home the next week, quit my job, and found a wonderful job at Bear River Head Start. Ever since this experience I have decided that no job is worth leaving my family. They are the most important things in my life.
In May it will be our 4 year anniversary, and I can't believe how the time flies. I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentines. Luv ya Chris!
15 comments:
That is such a CUTE story! I don't think I have ever heard it before. I just remember hearing that you were dating someone and then that you were getting married (I guess the time went by faster for me!) All the same I loved reading it!
What a cute story! You guys are the cutest couple. Happy valentine's Day!
Well I learned a thing or two about you and Chris! That is so awesome. It total fate when things work out like that. You guys really are perfect together, the perfect balance! Thanks again for checking on the home by you- we have an appointment to look at one tomorrow and possibly one the next day so we will let you know how it goes this weekend! Love Ya!
Darling story. I love hearing how people fell in love. It is just wonderful.
That story is the best!! You guys are the awesome. I am so glad Qwest has brought us together:}
What a cute story! I bet it is fun to tell because it was fun to read! You two were meant to be together!
What a great story. I don't know Chris at all but it sounds like he's
a great guy. You two are so cute together, I love the pictures.
So sweet! I took a turn working at Convergy's as well. It was around Fall of 2000. Your blog is darling! I need some lessons. What website do you use for your digital scarpbooking? Happy Valentines!
Hey again! My email is KieshaBaldwin@hotmail.com
Pretty original..I know. :0)
Thanks for your help!
What a cute story! I love hearing stories like that! It sure is fate for you two!! I'm glad you found each other! By the way, Cody is also a Pink Floyd fanatic!! :)
I really liked reading that. I bet you make him so happy, you are such a catch!:) Way fun to read...
That is such a cute story about how you too got together. I actually went to Tennesse for a few weeks (well it was suppose to be a few months but I couldn't handle it). Anyways I am trying to let everyone that I can think of that has a baby to listen to my presentation at 2:00 today (Sat.) If you aren't busy please listen, it is very helpful and I am really excited about it!
www.tcconference.com/legacy download here for first time users, run, finish. Then enter the room and it will ask for username and password. Put your first name and state for username and leave password blank. Click on logon. If you have any questions let me know niki_allred@yahoo.com
Thanks
I can't believe your baby is already a year old. That means you haven't been at Head Start for that long. Amazing. Your blog is sure cute!
That is a neat story. Looks like it was destine to happen.
Brandon Thurgood
I love your story! You two are perfect for each other. Your first kiss comment made me laugh!
Miss you
Post a Comment