Sunday, November 18, 2012

Forgiving Makes us Happy

Monday was Veterans Day and so I invited my Grandpa to come with us to the Elementary school and watch the Veteran's Day program that the kids put on.  It was a GREAT program.  I got a little emotional watching my grandpa get so teary during some of the program.  My Grandpa served in the US NAVY.  And he served in the Korean war.  As a kid I use to love to look at all the pictures he had, and listen to all the  many stories.  Grandpa has always been a great story teller! He still has me convinced he is an Indian  (that was one of the many convincing stories he told us!) But he has pictures to prove he was in the NAVY so I know that story is true!  Grandpa is a hoot!

After the program we went to A&W and got strawberry milkshakes.  Yum!
And, Grandpa got a Veteran's Day make over by two pretty cute beauticians.  Every Veteran deserves to be treated like royalty right?
And, today Isabella made this portrait in Primary.  I can't stop laughing.  Let me give a recap of Isabella's explanation of the picture:

The girl on the left is Eva-she is being naughty (hence the evil eyes)
The girl in the middle is Isabella-and she is like, "Oh dear, Eva is being naughty again!"
And the person on the end is dad, he's pretty sad that Eva is being naughty


Well...this picture sums up our family life lately! Lol!  There is no such thing as the terrible two's in our house, it's the terrible threes, and Eva is in them full force!!! I love her, but holy moly Eva keeps us on our feet, all day, LITERALLY!


And, mark this one off my bucket list.  I crossed over to the dark side.  I went in Friday to get my highlights re-touched and I had a spur of the moment decision to go dark....AND cut bangs!  I told my sister in law to do it before I changed my mind!! But it's such a fun change.  I have had every hair style possible (except this one, because going dark always scared me!)  I have had short, long, curly straight, super duper short, every color of highlights (including rainbow red) lol, yes I have had many hairstyles, but this is the first.  It's kind of a fun change!

2 comments:

Kylene said...

You look gorgeous! Love, love the dark on you. Also, such cute girls and grandpa. Those will be sweet memories for all of them.

moi said...

Love the bangs, and I bet your blue eyes just pop with the dark hair! Post more pics soon, okay?!