Sunday, August 12, 2012

Young Women Camp 2012

This week was Young Women's camp. I absolutely adore my Young Women. I have been in YW a little over 4 years-and each year it just gets sweeter and sweeter. We had sooo much fun at camp. I absolutely adore the women in the presidency I work with and the girls! We have such a small ward that we are like a little family!

Since there is a ban on campfires this year (for obvious reasons), our cute Camp Director being the creative gal that she is....went to Hobby Lobby and bought some tissue paper, cellophane, and lights than run off of battery....and made the coolest faux camp fire ever! At night we found ourselves staring at the campfire just like we would have a real one.  And, bonus....we didn't stink!!!
My cute gals....TaBrynn, Kim, Shannon, Ember, Nicole, Bayli, Jess, Gillian, Brianna, Jocilyn



Some memorable moments from camp 2012:
-The first night we went on a 3 mile night hike.  For some reason the trail totally creeped me out.  This wasn't my first night hike....but this one was really really creepy. I kept waiting for a mountain lion to jump out of the trees to grab me and eat me.  Seriously, I was creeped out (maybe it's because I was at the end of the line).....and my mind starting racing.  But, the other leader in front of me was totally creeped out too.  So me and Sharisse snuggled all the way to the top of the mountain.  And to make it worse, the Priesthood holder with us that night kept saying, "Did you guys hear the story about....." and he would get the girls all worked up (and the leaders too!) and finally my cute Beehive, Nicole, piped off with, "Did you hear the story about the old guy who got pushed down the mountain?" It was awesome, I couldn't stop laughing!
-The last night was the amazing dutch oven dinner/testimony meeting.  Every girl bore her testimony, and they all have amazing testimonies. I learn and grow from being around each and every one of them!
-After testimony meeting the girls decided that they were going to all go back to 1 tent and play games.  Me and another leader, Kim, weren't at all tired.  So......we decided we needed to have a little fun with the girls.  We stood back in the trees and started throwing pebbles at their tent.  And every once in awhile we would hear them get quiet and whisper, "Did you hear that?" Then we would stop.  then they would start playing again and we would start throwing pebbles at their tent.  Then we had a bright idea....to throw pebbles up into the tree above them.  Well, science tells us-what goes up...must come down.  We (well I) didn't do so well in Science, and so I throw all these pebbles into the air and they all came crashing down on Kim.  We got laughing so hard we had to squat.  We didn't want the girls to hear us.  Since this wasn't really scaring them we decided to kick it up a notch.  We got on our hands and knees and crawled over to their tent.  Since their tent had a cover over it, they couldn't see us, but we could peak through the cover and see them.  So, we located which girls were sitting closest to the edge of the tent.  Then  Kim and I looked at each other and counted to 3 and reached our hands through the tent and grabbed the heads of two girls.  I thought they were going to die.....we totally FREAKED them out....so we took off running back to our tent and we were laughing so hard.  But......then, we got bored again.  So, we decided this time we would go over to the firepit and pick up the undies someone had thrown in the pit and we grabbed them and put them on a stick and we crawled back over to the girls tent.  Every time the girls would get loud or laugh...I would unzip the tent just a little. When I finally had an opening big enough I threw the pair of undies into the tent.  They all started screaming and throwing the undies at each other-cuz no one wanted them on their lap.  Finally we hear one of the girls yell, "Whose granny panties!" Me and Kim got laughing so hard we had to run back to the tent again......after we settled down from laughing so hard next thing we know we had silly string in our tent and giggling girls outside.  I LOVE that once a year I get the chance to have a few moments to turn back into a 15 year old kid......it's a BLAST!!!!

3 comments:

moi said...

Girls camp is the best. I loved it this year-and you are right, I felt like a 15 year old girl again! Sounds like you had a fun time, mission accomplished!

Emily M said...

So I have somehow missed quite a few of your posts- it looks like you guys have had an awesome summer!! Your little Eva cracks me up!! Cute girlies!

Rachel said...

I LOVE girls camp (getting there is a pain, but once I am there it is great)! I dread the day that I am released. Looks like you guys had a great time. I love the "fire". Awesome.