Sunday, May 13, 2012

Anniversary/Mothers Day weekend

This week Chris and I celebrated our 8th anniversary. A few months ago Chris told me that he booked a 3 day 2 night weekend getaway for us, and for the past 3 months he hasn't given me ANY clues as to where he was taking me. Ya, my hubby gets the husband of the year award for pulling this off without me finding out! The ONLY downside to this little weekend getaway was after he booked it we found out that Isabella's dance recital was the same weekend. I had a quick meltdown and then I got over it because I realized there was nothing we could do. So, my mom came to the rescue and took care of the kids this weekend and got Isa to all of her recital practices and to the BIG Show! Thanks mom, you REALLY SAVED the DAY AGAIN!! So, Friday morning we got in the car (and I still had no idea where we were going)....I was a little giddy!! When my hubby passed the airport exit, I knew we weren't going to Vegas! LOL. Then when he took the Cheyenne exit, I knew we were heading up to Park City. This is where my hubby took me (it was beyond Romantic. I love him!) 

The Waldorf Astoria Resort 

The Resort spoiled us. We got to our room and there was sparkling cider with dipped strawberries and a plate of hors d'oeuvres with a little note that said, "Happy Anniversary" and then that night the room service delivered a kit for us to go out to their fire pits to roast Smores. It was so fun!





 It was a little chilly Friday night, but it gave us a good excuse to snuggle! It was so romantic up there with fireplaces everywhere, it just made you want to snuggle up and smooch!!  ;o) When we got back from doing smores, the resort was so cute....they had the bed turned down, slippers by the bed, and the lights dimmed low. It was seriously so romantic. It was an amazing anniversary, thanks babe!!

Isabella had a craZy busy weekend with all her dance rehearsal's and her recital. I am so proud of my little Isa-she has worked really hard, paid attention to her teachers, and ABSOLUTELY fallen in love with dance. 

Isa is the one in the middle that's a foot taller than everyone else...lol...
While we were gone for the weekend, my mom took the girls to pick out a Mother's Day present for me.  When we got back Sunday the girls had an adorable Mother's Day card and some of my favorite Alvey's chocolates for me-it totally made my day.

And, to top off Mother's day....we were eating dinner and Isa stuck her hand out and said, "Look, I lost a tooth!" lol.  She has had 3 loose teeth for the last few weeks, and her bottom one just popped out.  It was so random and funny. But, she was sooo excited to use her Tooth Fairy pillow!!! Soooo cute! I can't believe my little girls is old enough to lose a tooth. 

3 comments:

bladenfamily said...

That place looks AMAZING! What a fun trip! Isa is so cute in her little dance costume. We really miss you guys.

Emily M said...

Way to go Chris!! That resort looks AMAZING!! I am so glad you guys got away. YAY for moms- right? Isa seriously is so darling in her little dance costume.

Jennie Kunz said...

Fun!!!!!! Chris is awesome!!! Everything looked beautiful and sounded perfect! You deserve it!!