Well it's officially the holidays which means there is going to be an overload of pictures for at least the next month.
Monday Isabella came home from Preschool all dressed up like an Indian. She was soooo super annoyed that I got the camera out, this was the picture I was able to snap as she came around the corner saying, "mom don't take any pictures"....she ran away pretty mad at me after I snapped this. But, she looked so cute I couldn't help myself.
Here is cute little Eva, with her mouth covered in hot cocoa, lovin life! We got into a little marshmallow fight, and were throwing marshmallows into each other's mouths. Eva has a very LARGE mouth....that's an understatement. We are always joking that she as born with a mouth like a snake, and she can unhinge it when she needs to open it wider. Ya Don't believe me?
I had to throw this picture in, Eva is a child of many faces! Hmmmm....just like her big sis, it must be hereditary!
Isabella wasn't so into things being thrown at her face.....miss neat and tidy (okay minus the cocoa ring around her mouth)...she just popped the good ol' marshmallows in her own mouth!
But, even though she didn't want them thrown at her.....she loved throwing them at her little sis. Eva thought it was hilarious!
Full of fun!
I ventured out on Black Friday on my own this year, I have never done this before!!! I have always went out with my mom or mother and law. I left at 7:00 and I was home by 10:30, I got almost all of my shopping done, and I didn't stand in 1 line for more than 5 minutes.....from here on out, I am starting my shopping at 7 am, it was great! And all the stores still had everything I needed....who needs to wake up at 3 am when the good stuff is still there at 7, I like my sleep too much!
When I got home from shopping, it was time to gear up for the holiday decorating. I am a little ca-razy when it comes to Christmas and decorating, I revert back to a little kid.....I just get sooooo excited. So, while Chris ventured out and started his shopping at 10:30 hoping to hit the sales before they ended at noon, me and the gals got the house all cute. We stuck some Christmas tunes on and had some fun!
Isabella and Eva loved this little magnetic gingerbread house I surprised them with. This is going to be great entertainment while mom cooks dinner!
And this is our newest TRADITION that we are adding to the Hernandez house. Meet Christopher pop-in-kins.....He came with a cute little book that Grandma T sent us. He came straight from the North Pole and he sits on a shelf and watches the kids to make sure they are being good so he can report back to Santa. The funnest part about Christopher the Elf is that at night he has a little fun and finds a new hiding spot to watch the kids, so every morning the kids wake up and find where Christopher is hiding. He's a fun new tradition.
The Christmas tree....oh what a story. Who knew there could be such a domestic dispute about white vs. colored lights on a tree? It has been an argument every year since we have been married. The first 3 years we were married and didn't have kids so we would take turns, white lights one year for me because that's what I grew up with, and colored lights the next year for Chris because that is what he grew up with. Then last year Chris threw it off by buying a pre-lit colored tree.....dirty bugger! So every year we will have colored lights (until the basement is finished and I surprise Chris with a new white pre-lit tree for the upstairs) wink wink!!!!
Along with the colored lights comes this skiing Santa Clause ornament. Chris made this when he was a little kid. When we were first married, I had "pretty" decorations, not "kid" decorations that we now have. It drove me crazy that Chris would purposely put this ornament front and center on the "pretty tree." Every morning I would wake up and move it to the back of the tree so it wouldn't be so noticeable....and then later on, I would find it front and center on the tree. Well, now it just adds character to our colored kid friendly tree and it makes me laugh every time I look at it. I hope this ornament lasts forever because it really is starting to grow on me!
And p.s. the weather couldn't be more fantastic for the holidays, I LOVE a white Christmas!!!
10 comments:
I loved this post. Your girls are just so darn cute. and I feel the same way about decorating for Christmas, I'm like a kid. It's almost as good as Christmas if you ask me!
See ya at the Rio?;)
We love the decorations! There is nothing more special than the magical feeling of Christmas and decorating your house for Christmas with the kids. I remember all the years you and Dustin would help Dad and I decorate the Christmas tree and the inside of the house the day after Thanksgiving while we listened to the Chipmunks Christmas CD. Then Dad would make sugar cookies with orange juice icing. We could not wait for night to come so we could finally turn on all the lights around the outside of the house. It cracks me up to think how you, Dustin and me stood on the opposite side of the road in front of the house while dad ran around the outside of the house turning on all the Christmas lights. Once they were on we would yell, "EW -- AH -- EW -- AH". So glad you are keeping the Christmas tradition going. Love it! and love the cute pictures of my grandbabies!
Love, Mom
I would have fought with you on the white light battle!
I just LOVE Christmas time!!! I love the magic of the lights in my house- I think I am as excited as my gals. Your house looks awesome- can't wait to see it! You girls are so cute- I love the many faces of Eva- I can't believe how big she is getting!
I can't believe how big Eva looks. She looks so much older :) I love Christmastime and all the traditions that come with it!
We just opened your blog and Hal said, "mom, there's Eva!" We need to play again soon.
AND, I can't thank you enough for your help today. My house is a home thanks to you! Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent! You are the best!!!
I am still laughing so hard over Eva and her "Randy" impression. That is so funny! Your house looks darling and I am so sad I have to miss seeing all the girls again this year...(sniff, sniff)
CUTE decorations! And Eva cracks me up in every picture!!! Too cute!! All bundled up like Randy!! HA HA HA!!
Great post! I had to chuckle a couple times for similar family situations. That picture of Eva noto putting her arms down is priceless!
So cute. You always do such fun things with your girls. And your house looks beautiful. I love it.
Post a Comment