Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Did I mention I LOVE fall?

Okay, I think it may be a little hidden secret that I LOVE FALL.....okay, or no secret at all!! It's Sept. 1st, which means, I was soooo giddy to put this up on my door this morning...

....okay the true story...

I was soooo excited to put this FALL wreath up that last night I got home at 9:30, and I thought what the heck, it's dark outside, I might as well put the wreath up on 8/31 so it's offically up on 9/1. I went downstairs and grabbed my wreath and hook and went outside on the porch. As I was putting it on the door I heard the craziest noise every...remember it's pitch black out......it sounded like someone running towards me in the dirt. I dropped the wreath and ran inside and locked the door and did the heebie geebie dance while I was making weird noises....obviously Chris hit pause on the TV and asked me what my deal was??? I tried to explain there was something outside and I was not going back outside alone. So, maybe you will appreciate this wreath as much as I do, because in order to put this wreath on the door, my husband had to stand guard out on the front porch so no one killed me while I put it up!!


BTW....we are putting our sprinklers in...there is a good chance that noise I heard was rocks falling into the trench hitting the pipes, but hey.....I didn't want to take a chance....so creepy!!

12 comments:

Hayley said...

You always decorate sooo cute for fall. I wish I had that talent!

Chantel said...

I LOVE fall! I wish it would come to Missouri, but I think it is still pretty far off here :(

Q and T McKnight said...

You crack us up! Not sure which is more visually funny - you dropping your wreath, running inside the house and locking the door -- OR -- you doing your jeepers creepers dance! Ahhhhhh, this brought back memories.

Love you!

Mom and Dad

bladenfamily said...

You kill me. If only I could have been there to watch. My fall stuff is on my door too... I love that we have such a mutual admiration for the greatest season of them all!

Shelly Traveller said...

Justin came home yesterday to a house full of fall and said, "It fall already, it's not until the end of the month?" I looked at the calendar and realized that he's right but I think it deserves to be celebrated the whole month because then it will be Halloween decor. bring on the leaves.

Julie Miller said...

Melissa you are hilarious! I just love reading your blog and all of your funny stories! I'm gonna have to hire you to come decorate my house, yours is so stinkin' cute!

Emily M said...

i also LOVE fall- by far my favorite season! If only I had the knack to decorate as cute as you do! I hate hearing those kinds of sounds when it is dark. My heart starting racing reading it!

Kylene said...

I love your wreath! You've inspired me to pull out mine. Bring on the cool weather, apple cider and pumpkin patches!

april said...

I love fall too! I was just thinking, is it too early to hang my fall wreath, thanks for answering my question! Your door is beautiful ;)

Brittney said...

Haha! What a great little picture I had in my head. Love your decos!

Jami said...

That sounds like something I would do...too funny!

Atkinsons said...

You are too funny! It reminds me a lot of myself. Shawn has to wait down stairs for me to turn of the basement lights at night and I still end up doing a fast walk with a few skips through the dark room and up the stairs!
You should post a video clip of your jeepers creepers dance! ha ha