Thursday, August 26, 2010

What do you do on the first day of school?

What do you do on the first day of school? Take the young'ns to the pool....cuz no one else is there!!!!!
There are lots of reasons why today was the best day to be at the pool, but I think the kids would agree, the #1 reason is.....
No lines at the slide, AT ALL.....which meant I finally made Isa attempt the slide for the first time, and whatta ya know...she loved it....and we did it a couple more times (Note to self: Don't wear 100% cotton shorts on the slide, you WILL NOT go anywhere...no matter how forceful the water is.....even if you don't weigh 400 pounds.....it is quite embarrassing!!! YES the lifeguard even caught up with me and we made a train...good times!!!)

Last time we came to the pool, Eva was not walking...oh, my....she has made pool time very exhausting, thank goodness Isabella takes orders and ran after her and brought her back (every 20 seconds!!!) Look at Eva's face, it definately says, "BUSTED!"

Savanna and Isa having a great time...we got about 20 of these pictures, and after every single one they would run over to look at the picture, what did people do back in the day without digital cameras???

And, lastly....my wild monkey had access to unlimited amounts of the white beach chairs (which never happens at the pool)...so she took full advantage of it, and.......surfed. Before, anyone judges me for being a terrible mom, I only let her do this long enough to get a picture ;O)

So, I think it's probably the end of the summer!! I have to admit, I went to hobby lobby last weekend and purchased some fall decor, I am ready to start decorating my house in red, orange, and pumpkins!!! Bring it!

7 comments:

bladenfamily said...

We had so much fun! Thank you for the wonderful day. Now on to fall. We can go to the pool again next year. Pool on the first day of school should be a tradition...

Veronica Tyler said...

You make me smile! Last week I totally thought about how cute you would decorate your new house this fall!

Emily M said...

That is a great idea to go the first day of school! And it looks like you guys had a blast! Cute cute girls!!

Kylene said...

Such beautiful girls!

And I'm so jealous Idaho Falls does NOT have a Hobby Lobby. I am tempted to make a trip down to Logan simply to shop. :)

Rachel said...

We went to the Brigham pool around that same time and had the same success. It was so great! I will do this every year now (at least until my kids are all in school, I don't think it would be as fun by myself!)

april said...

How fun, what a great idea! Fall is here and I love it ;)

Valerie C. said...

Great idea! I'll have to remember that next year! I love the bike trailer pictures! My boys fit in ours about like that but they will only ride if we load up with snacks first!