Saturday, July 10, 2010

Summer Happenings

It's been a fun couple of weeks and I am totally behind on my blogging, so bear with me, this may be a long post. I have lots of pictures from the last couple weeks, and they are pretty random so here is what we have been up to. My parents flew in from South Dakota on June 25th and stayed with us until July 5th. It was so much fun to have them here. My only concern was that I sent my parents home more tired than they arrived. They helped me finish up so many projects around our house, our house is finally put together and I FINALLY have pictures to post.

To start out this post, I must say that Eva has just blossomed into this sweet little toddler over the last month. She is growing up way too fast. She is standing all by herself, and has taken her first step, but not quite walking. I am guessing that we will have a walker in the next couple of weeks. She is such an entertaining little girl. The other night Chris and I were getting the kids ready for bath time and Chris started blowing bubbles, I had to grab my camera and take a picture it was so adorable.

Isabella is growing up too fast as well. It's time to start 3yr old preschool this fall, and one of my goals for her was to get her potty trained once we got moved and settled into our new home. After the traumatic UTI experience last October, her pediatrician recommended that we take our time with her since she was so traumatized and maybe even wait until we were done with all our moves. It was great advice (even though I wanted her potty trained sooner than this, I guess it isn't always up to me when she does things!!) But this week Isabella decided she was ready to potty train, and she is officially sporting these cute little undies, I honestly didn't think this day would come, so I am soooooo excited for her! HUGE milestone!

Another fun milestone that has arrived, is Eva's first piggy's.......they are too cute!


We had so much fun with my parents here for a week and a half, we went to Layton and got some shopping in. We went up to Deer Cliff Inn for dinner, a huge family tradition that I just love. We went to first dam for a picnic and to feed the ducks, we had a BBQ with my brother and sister in law, celebrated the 4th of July (I think 3 times, since it landed on a Sunday this year), celebrated my Grandma's birthday at Mac Park, I think there was about 60 of us, our family is getting huge. We got lots of projects accomplished. My dad started helping us with our yard. We had such a great time, and we were having so much fun I didn't even take that many pictures, here are a few.....





Isabella feeding the ducks at first dam

Grandpa and Eva watching the ducks.

Me and the gals sportin' our 4th of July apparel for church.

Eva and Dust at the Lewiston 4th of July parade, another huge family tradition that I LOVE!
Isabella getting her kick start on the 4th of July with a little COKE!

And, here are some pictures of our house....sorry it has taken me so long. We are loving our new house, it's perfect for us, and I admit there are many morning that I still pinch myself. I have had sooooooo much fun decorating and putting our house together, thanks again MOM And DAD for all the help! I would still be hanging pictures if it wasn't for all your help!




This is Eva's room. She is finally sleeping through the nights (most nights....how long did this take?)





This is our mud room. I was sooooo excited to have a mud room, I actually LOVE doing laundry in here!





The entry way.

Our kitchen. Me and the gals have soooo much fun cooking in here. We have been making home made bread lately, yum!!!!!

The dining room.

We put these fun plant shelves in our entry/great room. It's fun to watch movies with Christmas lights running along the back, the kids love it!



The Great Room.


Our Master Bedroom.




The Master Bath.



The girls bathroom. Isabella thinks it's so cool that her and Eva have their own bathroom. I had sooooo much fun making this shower curtain. I thought it would be cute to have an extra tall shower curtain, so I bought a brown waffle shower curtain, found some cute fabric and just sewed a ruffle along the bottom, so easy and it turned out so fun!

Isa's room, she loves playing in here with Eva. I can usually find them hidden in the corner with the little kitchen, playing house. I LOVE that they are starting to play together!

and our basement has LOOOOTTS of work. It's framed and ready to go. So, as we finish each room, I will have to post pictures. But, our current project is our yard. We have been spending about an hour a night trying to till and pick up rocks, it's going to be a big project, but we can't wait until it's finished and the girls have some grass to run on!

15 comments:

Q and T McKnight said...

Thanks for putting up with us, keeping us busy, and letting us spoil the girls rotten.

We love you guys and already miss you TONS (and we have only been home four days)!

Love,

Mom and Dad

Kylene said...

Love the new house! I need to come see it in person! I'm glad you had such a fun time with your parents visiting. Good Luck with your yard!

moi said...

I'm loving your house! Everything about it has your finishing touches and brilliance. What kind of wood floors did you put in? We've been shopping around...

Traci Crossley said...

Soooo cute. Love the shower curtain. I am a bit Jealous I wish we were at that stage. I am happy for you.

Brown said...

Melissa, your house looks great! Im so jealous you have it decorated so cute! we have yet to hang pictures! I totally understand the whole yard thing we hope to be done in a couple of weeks. I would love to see you and the girls sometime! I would also love to have you come here and get your advice on where to put all my wall hangings!

Payne Family said...

Your house is a beauty!!! I really need to see it in person now. All your hard work has payed off. Now let's play!! Even if it is us coming over to pick rock. We have been there before:)

christina said...

love your house - too cute!

Jami said...

Your house is lovely! I bet your enjoying it so much.

gely said...

Love the house. Congrats on getting Isa potty trained(Faye has the same underwear). Its the best, right? I had to push Faye a little bit, but She was so ready.

april said...

I love your new house! Super cute and way cute decorations. It always feels so much more like home once all the decorations are up...I am OCD about getting it all done as quickly as possible when we move. It looks so great ;) Congrats!

Atkinsons said...

love your new house! It looks great!

Valerie C. said...

Your house is great! How exciting to be all moved in! I love the black and white picture of Isabella feeding the ducks!

Emily M said...

Your girlies are too cute!! Congrats to Isabella on the potty training! Your house looks amazing!! I can't wait to get to see it in person.

Shelly Traveller said...

Love it! You do such a great job!

Stacey Irwin said...

YOUR House is gorgeous! Please come decorate mine! love love love it. I hope you are having tons of fun with it!