This picture describes exactly how I feel. March 19th, they started digging the hole for our new house, March 22nd we moved out of our town home and in with Chris's family. Back in March-the anticipation of building our first home made June feel like years away. In 2 days we fly out to visit my parents for 2 weeks, and when we return our home is going to be finished and move in ready.....ask me how excited I am??? I can't believe how quickly the last couple months have flown by.
It's been great living with Chris's parents and my brother in law Kyle. The girls are going to miss hanging out with grandma and grandpa and uncle Kyle all the time. It's been so fun sharing meals and having someone to talk to all the time , besides the kids, (you stay at home moms know exactly what I am talking about). One thing I won't miss......the couch. Our little Eva decided that no one is allowed in her bedroom, except for her. The first couple weeks NO one got sleep, Eva was up all night, we heard every move she made and vise versa. So, somehow I ended up on the couch upstairs...so I could listen for the girls to wake up and Chris ended up in a nice cozy bed downstairs.....ya, he owes me BIG TIME!!!! The other night I stuck Eva in a box, it looked way tooo cozy and I thought I should attempt to see if she'd stay in it....and possibly give mom the bedroom for one night.....
no such luck, it was fun for about 3o seconds and once again she drifted off to sleep in a huge bedroom all to herself, while I grabbed my pillows and headed back to the couch.
We have had so much fun going out on grandma's porch and blowing bubbles and spending time with the whole family.
So, here our house will sit while we are gone. They have finished most of the outside, all that is left is a few more pieces of siding, the light fixtures, and painting the front door. The inside is getting painted right now, next week cabinets and all the finishing work will get completed. We are getting soooo excited. It's going to be so fun to leave the house like this, and then come back with it all finished. Ahhhhhh......seriously, I am like a kid on Christmas Eve, I loose sleep over how excited I am (or maybe it's because my butt's numb on the couch???)
10 comments:
GEEZ- these past couple of months have flown! That is so exciting that you get to go see your parents and come home to a finished house!! It looks great! I love the rock and siding! Can't wait to see it!
I can't believe it's almost built. It looks beautiful and I bet you are super excited. You will have to have a party for all your faithful followers to come and see! :)
I LOVE it!! Have fun on your trip. I would be happy to help you move when you get back. Please call or bring the girls over to play so you can unpack.
I think your builders get the award for being the most on time builders I have ever heard of! That is unbelievable they are already almost done! How exciting. Have fun!
What a fun few weeks! Especially after being on the couch you will appreciate being in you own house even more, is that is even possible, it looks lovely!!!
Wow Time has gone by fast. I am excited to see the inside all cute after you put your great decorating touch to it!
It's looking lovely!
I love the box bed! Super cute. I'm sorry it didn't work though. Your house is super cute!! How exciting!! Enjoy your trip!
Tell me that you've entered Isa in some beauty contests. She should be a child actress. She's just so pretty! Beautiful blue eyes and hair anyone would kill for. Oh, the house is exciting too.
The house looks great I can't wait to see the interior and all your cute decorating!
Post a Comment