Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Summing up the end of 09'

I am finally getting around to posting pictures from the last couple of weeks, where on earth has time gone? We had such a wonderful Christmas, it was extra special this year because Chris took off 9 days from work and my parents flew in from South Dakota for 9 days, so we were so blessed to spend lots of time with our loved ones. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years. I know that the time just flew at our house and now we are trying to get back into the swing of things being back to normal. Here's a recap of our last couple of weeks:

On December 23rd Chris and I met with our contractor and we got our contract signed to build our house...it was a fun way to kick off our Christmas. We are due to start building our home on April 1st. We are building in Smithfield, and we are soooo excited to build our first home. Everyone has been asking how did we sell our house soooo fast? Apparently I had a Freudian slip on my last post....my sub-conscious was speaking too quickly. What I should have put was, "In the process of trying to sell our house....we didn't get as many Christmas cards mailed as we would have liked." I would be overly excited if our house would have sold over Christmas, but no such luck. We do have a cute girl that is interested in our house and is suppose to be bringing her family to walk through our house for a second time this week (keep your fingers crossed.) I will be honest, the holidays flew by way too fast-without us being able to enjoy them as much as we usually do because I was the crazy lady who was trying to keep out house spotless in case someone called interested in it. Can I just say, I can't wait for our house to sell just so I can stop OVER CLEANING!!!


Isabella had a blast over the holidays. The week before Christmas she had mailed her letter to Santa, and she was so excited when he responded to her letter...

Isabella loved having dad home for Christmas. She wanted to do everything with him. Every time it snowed she wanted to go out and help him shovel. After shoveling they would make snowmen. They came up with some pretty creative snowmen. I swear I can't leave these 2 alone. I went outside and I see that they have golf balls and black spray paint????? What on earth?? Their explanation was simple, "The snowman needed eye balls."
We got our Gingerbread house made. Isabella was quite creative with her decorating skills!

Christmas Eve we always go over to Chris's grandmas house for a yummy dinner and then we head back to his parents house to open up Christmas presents. Isabella was so excited to open all her presents!
On Christmas Eve everyone gets new pajamas...I think uncle Kyle's were by far the biggest hit!

Eva and Isa with their new jammies. Out of all the pictures I took of these 2 in their jammies, I just had to post this one, it's so them! Isabella will not keep her hands off of Eva, Eva is always looking at me like, "Mom....really, can you do something about this!"

Christmas morning was great. What totally cracked me up was Isabella could have cared less about the presents that Santa had left her. She went over to Santa's plate and wanted to make sure Santa found his cookies and milk. She kept asking about it all morning. After we had reassured her that Santa got plenty to eat, she wanted to make sure that Eva got all her presents. It really was cute to watch how thoughtful and sweet she was about all the presents. Eventually she opened hers and of course, she loved Eva's 10 times better and is still playing with Eva's toys. Santa.....honestly, did you not get her letter (LOL)!!!
Grandma and Grandpa McKnight just ate the girls up for the 9 days they were here. Isabella keeps asking, "When can we get on a plane to go see Grandma Teresa and Grandpa Quinn?" New Years day Chris and Isabella got some sledding in with the new sled that Santa brought. They were so cute to watch.

Eva sat at the back window watching Isabella and Chris sled. Chris and Isabella came to the back porch and starting throwing snowballs at Eva and every time one would hit the window she would fly out of her seat and flinch. We couldn't stop laughing!
And on Dec. 29th Eva turned 7 months. She is soooo full of life and is developing quite the personality! She is full of different faces (wonder where she learns them from???)
She is sitting up all by herself, she looks like such a big girl. She is trying to crawl-but hasn't got it mastered. She is eating big girl foods, and is FINALLY sleeping through the night consistently (how long did it take.....7 months......it's about time!) She has 4 teeth, 3 on the bottom and one on the top. Her current nickname is "The Slobber Queen."

As far as 2010 New Years Resolutions go......ummmm...can I just keep mine simple with two. 1.Sell the house and 2. Survive building a new house....that's going to take up enough time as it is, right? We will work on the diet thing next year!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha, I don't care what you guys say, those pajamas rule.

april said...

Good luck selling your condo, I am sending positive vibes to you! Love your girls in their twinner pjs, absolutely adorable. Glad you had a great Christmas!

Emily M said...

What a fun Christmas! I am with you- it went by TOO fast- I hate how fast time goes by. I can't believe how much Eva has changed in the past little bit- she is darling! That is nice that Chris got all that time off- extra daddy time is always a bonus! That is exciting that you signed the papers to build! Good luck with everything!

Hayley said...

Eva reminds me so much of isabella in that picture of her making her funny face. What dolls you have!

Kylene said...

Very fun! Your girls are so cute and I'm so glad you got to spend the holidays with your parents. Good Luck selling and building!

bladenfamily said...

Good luck with your house! Very cute pictures!

Q and T McKnight said...

Thanks for making our holiday so special! We had so much fun with the girls, you and Chris, Ash and Dust, and surrounding family.

Love you guys!

Mom and Dad

Shelly Traveller said...

What a very fun Christmas to have your parents there and to be building a new house, so fun! I hope you town home sells quickly.

gely said...

good luck with everything, selling the house and stuff. it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Happy birthday by the way. Your girls are so cute!