Saturday, July 11, 2009

Brain Fart

In my family, we had a term we used when we couldn't think of something, or when our brain just basically stopped working, we called it "Brain Farts." It seems like my brain has been in fart mode for quite some time. I started re-doing Isabella's "Big Girl" room the same time I was putting together the nursery. The nursery came together pretty quick. I posted pictures of that how long ago??? "Yeeah, since then, Isabella's room has sat with a few blank walls and it has taken me a couple of months to finally figure out what to do with them. So, I guess this has been more of a "Designing Brain Fart." Well, the room is finally complete, and I had an absolute blast putting it together. Here's the complete room.
It took me 2 months to figure out what to put above her bed. I tried vinyl lettering, Isa figured out way to quickly that "the stickers" were way to fun to pull off the wall during nap time. I thought about putting fun branches on the wall hanging horizontally with a couple of butterflies hot glued to them....Chris thought that was a little too bizarre. There were about 10 other ideas, and finally I settled on this cute cream wall iron.



Her little kitchen that she loves to play in.

Her reading nook, also referred to lately as "Time-out." She actually asks to go to time out...maybe that means it's time to move her time out area to a less fun place???? Kids shouldn't be excited to go to time out right????

Some fun little details on her cabinet. She loves her little birdies on the bird bath.

My grandma made this tea set by hand before she passed away, and gave it to me. I was so excited to use these, they are so special to me!



11 comments:

bladenfamily said...

Very cute! I'm ready for you at my house whenever you are. Too bad about you vinyl. I thought it was cute.

Emilyjo said...

I love her room! You are so good! Will you come decorate Maddie's room?

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous as usual. Love her bed!!!

Jami said...

very cute! Ellie would love that chair where did you get it?

Stacey Irwin said...

Adorable!!!!
SO cute she asks to go to time out! LOL! It does sort of take away the point doesn't it? LOL!

I hope Isa loves it!

Brittany and Scott said...

that is a beautiful room. when we finally do buy a house i wish we lived closer to each other so you could help me decorate.

christina said...

Love all of it! You're amazing with decorating!

gely said...

how cute!!! Can't wait to have my own place. Soon I hope.

gely said...

How cute!!! Can't wait to have my own place. Soon I hope.

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

cute tea set! How sweet! You are a terrific decorator!! I love the pics of your 4th of July, especially the one of Chris & Isa- OMG dang funny.

Kiesha said...

Adorable! And the pics of Isa on the 4th...priceless!