Sunday, March 1, 2009

The "BOOGIE" wo-MAN

The other day I was on my cute friend Stephanie's blog, and she mentioned that there is a new website called blog2print.com, you literally donwload your blog address and the dates and it makes a book for you, I couldn't believe how easy it was. I thought that it would be so fun to print a new book at the end of every year, kind of like a little family history book. Which means, I really want to set a goal to make sure I document all kinds of fun family things on our blog. Having said that....some of you may read the next story and think it's completely gross and disgusting that I would document this and share it with the entire cyber world......but, when I read this story with Isabella in 20 years, I know we will get a good laugh out of it.

Here's the story. Tuesday night I had Young Women's, so Isabella and dad were hanging out at the house. Isabella LOVES to have her back and arms rubbed, it puts her in a trance. She's old enough now to pay back the favor. It's the sweetest thing, she will just come up to you with her tiny little hands and scratch your back. Chris was sitting on the floor and Isabella came up to him and started scratching his back, so of course he thought it was the cutest thing ever!!! After a few minutes of scratching his back she said, "Booger." She's really good at telling us when she needs to blow her nose, and she hates BOOGERS, messy hands, or anything GROSS, she is definately a GIRLY-GIRL! So, Chris looked at her hands and nose...no, no booger. She starts scratching his back again, and again she says, "Booger." Chris turned around to look at the back of his shirt (as much as he could)....and sure enough, she had wiped a booger on his back. Isabella's intent was not to give dad a back scratch, but to have a little entertainment seeing how she could roll this booger across his back. Chris laughed hysterically, and of course, I got a good laugh out of it too!!! Ya have to love this little girl, she is full of surprises.

Speaking of funny things, Thursday night Chris took me to see my favorite comedian, Brian Reagan. It's been a stressful couple of weeks, and on top of stress I haven't been feeling very good. This pregnancy is so different in so many ways than my last one. I have been in quite a bit of uncomfortable pain, sometimes it gets me really nervous. But for 2 hours Thursday night I forgot about how stressed I have been the last couple of weeks, and it felt so good....actually a few times it hurt because I was laughing so hard. We had such a great time, I didn't want the night to end!

And, I am one step closer to being done with the nursery (okay, there are still a lot of steps to go), but we got the crib skirt sewn together Saturday and it turned out darling! Who knew that sewing a rectangle was so difficult??? Thanks again Shannon for helping me!!!!

10 comments:

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

HAHA; oh Isabella- she has the cutest personality. Thats awesome. She will totally appreciate that story later.

I cant wait to do her pictures this week, if you guys are feeling ok! Im sorry you have been so sick, Dustin and I are always here to babysit when you need a break.

Thats good to know about blog2print, I think blurb started doing it again but if that doesnt work out then i will use that one!

Emily M said...

I have been trying to find somewhere so that I could print my blog so that is good to know. Thank you!

Isabella is so cute- I love that story! I am glad you had a good time at Brian Reagan! I hope you have a good week! :)

Kylene said...

I hope you start feeling better. Pregnancy just takes it's toll doesn't it! Isabella is a doll and I always love reading her cute stories and hearing about her personality. Thanks for the tip on the blog book too!

Stacey Irwin said...

LMAO! That story is funny. And it will be even funnier when she is grown! Love it.
Thank your for sharing the place I can print. Since Blurb isn't working! I was so mad! You just made my day with that news!

I hope you start feeling better. But glad you were able to enjoy your favorite comedian!
Tell Isabelle thanks for the laugh!

bladenfamily said...

Little kids are so fun! I am jealous you got to go to Brian Reagan. He is coming down here but it was sold out before I even heard about it! I think you'll love your book! You can post my discount code if you want to.

Veronica Tyler said...

I knew that sewing could (IS) be so difficult! You should have asked!

You are so crafty, I'm sure both rooms will be darling!

I love the bogger story! I gagged, but funny!

Veronica Tyler said...

OH yeah, only 100 days to go! Yeah baby Ava!

Anonymous said...

I've been looking for some way to print my blogs! Thanks for passing on the info. How much is it?

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

Sheesh, she would blend right in around here. Gotta love her!:)

Monica and Nick said...

Hey, It's Odie's wife, Monica, your little family is so cute!! And the creepy bunny comment honestly made me laugh out loud. Nick always says the nicest things about you guys. Oh yeah and your blog is awesome! So cute.