Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ice Skating we will go

Friday night we made it to the annual Qwest Family Ice Skating Party at the Ellen Eccles Ice Arena. I suck MAJORLY at Ice Skating, so being pregnant and all this year, I decided to sit back and take pictures....and laugh quite a bit!!! I didn't know if Isabella would go for the whole idea, or if they would even have ice skates small enough to fit her tiny toes. Sure enough, the smallest size they make was a perfect fit. They were so tiny I couldn't get over how cute they looked! It was funny watching her take daddy's hand and trying to walk out to the ice, she was trying to walk normal, but knew there was something really strange on other end of her toes.



Here they go.....they made a pretty good team.
And to end the night, Santa and Mrs. Clause made an appearance. Surprisingly, Isabella didn't scream when she sat on his lap. This is her FIRST time meeting Santa, and she did awesome. She got a really cool candy cane and then we went and got some Hot Chocolate and muffins, it was a great Friday night.

14 comments:

Atkinsons said...

The tiny little ice skates look adorable! Ice skating reminds me of a story Shawn tells about how he was trying to impress a date on the ice and did some sort of "cool" jump but he ended up landing on his face and breaking his tooth (for the fourth time..yes same tooth)...he was 22. ha ha I wish I could have seen it! Poor guy!

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

Aw, what cute shoes! Chris is such a trooper for skating right along with her. Im proud of Isa for not screaming, my Mom told me a flipped out and has the pics to prove it. Lol. See you Saturday :)

Kelli said...

Hi Melissa! Ok so I got this really cute digital scrapbooking but have no clue how to use it! I need your help!!!

Hayley said...

Melissa,
I saw you at our church today and was bummed I didn't get a chance to talk to you! I had to show travis Issabella's hair! She is so perfect. And your house looks so beautiful, you have such great taste!

Amy Johnson said...

So fun! Now I want to take Simon ice skating!!

Quinn and Melanie said...

I just got caught up on the pregnancy announcement...ya!!! Congrats to you guys. What a miracle indeed!! Good luck with everything!!

Kylene said...

Cute little ice skates! We took Sam bowling last week and I was surprised they had bowling shoes small enough to fit her. I love the Santa pic's. Isabella is so beautiful. I'm excited for her to have a little friend. I hope you're feeling well. What a great time of year to be pregnant. You can just sit on the couch and watch Christmas movies by the tree and not feel guilty...Oh, and eat as much as you want too! Have so much fun this week at the girls party. I'll miss you guys.

Stacey Irwin said...

I can't believe they make skates so small! how cute was she and chris ou there.( I would be afraid of falling on her! I'm a terrible skater.)
Looks fun and of course she looked adorable.
good girl for deciding not to skate.

Jon, Erin, Shayla & Jonny said...

I freakin miss you guys!!! I think we're gonna have to bust it down to Logan sooner than I thought to see everyone. I didn't think I would miss my family very much, but I was wrong. And Shayla talks all the time about all of the family down there.

Jon, Erin, Shayla & Jonny said...

I freakin miss you guys!!! I think we're gonna have to bust it down to Logan sooner than I thought to see everyone. I didn't think I would miss my family very much, but I was wrong. And Shayla talks all the time about all of the family down there.

Anonymous said...

How Stink'in cute is that. Did she enjoy herself? Yes, I agree Ashley did great. I'm so happy for you and Chris. I wish I was going to see you at the Mcknight party, but I guess you have better plans huh. I would skip it for Disney land also. But I will miss seeing you and your beautiful little girl. Maybe we should get together with Ginger soon.

Heidi Kjar said...

Cute pics! So I just ready your season to give thanks post- wow! Congrats! What a rollercoaster- how exciting though. You are definately being watched over. Good luck with it all!

Jami said...

That looks like so much fun! That just might have to be an activity we do while we are out there for 3 1/2 weeks.

Emily M said...

Those little ice skates are the cutest things ever! I love them! SHe is so cute! Tonight was so much fun!