Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas in Cali

Well, this may be a very long post. Since our blog is also our family journal, I have lots to post about. The last week my parents took our family to California for Christmas and we had an absolute blast. The weather was good half the time and crappy the other half, which worked out perfect, because that meant we went to Disneyland, Universal Studios and Hollywood on the nice days, and LOTS and LOTS of shopping on the crappy days!! It was so fun to go during the Holidays, Disneyland was all decked out with fun Christmas decor and the sounds of Holiday music blasted the entire park. It was so fun....so here are are few (okay alot) of pictures from our vacation!

Disneyland


"It's a small world" was all decked out for Christmas. And instead of playing "It's a small world over and over...we got to hear some Christmas music. It was so cute!



Rainforest Cafe at Disney, Isa wasn't too sure about the Gorilla


LEGO LAND at Disney

On Tuesday we drove from Anaheim to Beverly Hills and Hollywood. Beverly Hills was beautiful, Hollywood.....a little creepy...nothing like I expected, it was so run down and scary...and not to mention I think we parked the car in the worst part of Hollywood. Uhhhh, I am such a small town girl! Isn't Hollywood Blvd. where Julia Roberts gets picked up as a Hooker in Pretty Woman? It all made sense once I saw this place.

Grauman's Chinese Theatre and Hollywood's Walk of Fame

Shirley Temples' Block of Fame

Adam Sandler

Will Smith



After Hollywood, Chris, my dad, and I got dropped off in LA for the Los Angelas Laker's Game. This was Chris's Disneyland, he was like a little kid in a candy store when we walked into the Staples Center. He is a HUGE Laker fan. He is so use to going to the Energy Solutions arena and cheering for the opposing team, he was so excited to be cheering with the home crowd! It was a fantastic game. We played the NY Knicks, we were losing the entire game and came back at the end of the 4th quarter and won. It was a fun game!

The man..... Kobe Bryant

A Laker Home game wouldn't be the same without Jack Nicholson, here's a picture of the big man. Gwen Stefani, Chris Rock and Denzell Washington were also there, but I could only spot Jack!


We went to a Medieval Times Dinner. If you have never been to one of these, they are so much fun. You set in an arena and you are assigned a color. In the middle of the arena are knights and they joust. They serve you a Cornish Hen, Bread, Ribs soup and desert with no utensils. It was so much fun.

This was our super Hottie Knight. Also....the villan of the story, so we got to cheer for the villan since we were the Green Team. It was fun to play the villans.

We were cheering so hard for our little hot knight, that he threw me and my sister in law flowers.

Isabella had an absolute blast at Universal Studios. She could have stayed at the entrance the entire day and stared at the Grinch and she would have been a happy camper! She is so obsessed with the Grinch.
Isabella was astonished that Dora was there.
Isabella is Shrek's biggest fan, she thinks he is so cool. So she was so excited when we ran into him.
Grandma, Isa and Woody.
Isabella was a little nervous around Woody The Woodpecker and Mrs. Woody ( I don't know if she has a name). So Mrs. Woody went over to the Garden and picked her a fresh flower. It was the sweetest thing.

Isabella finally starting warming up to the characters. I was so impressed at how much time the characters would spend with the kids, it was so cute!..Finally, a HUG!


The Universal Sutdios Tour is fun because you get to see some of the sets where they film movies and TV shows. When we were on the tour we passed the filming of the series "Desperate Housewifes." But, I thought this was the coolest set.......Who Ville from the Grinch who Stole Christmas. It was so cute!

We couldn't help but purchase Princess Feonna ears.
That sums up our trip, it was so much fun. Thanks again Mom and Dad for a super cool Christmas present!!! We luv you, and already miss you!

19 comments:

Taneill said...

That looks like so much fun! I haven't been to Universal Studios in a very long time.

Taneill

The Polka Dot Apron said...

Hey, Melissa! Don't know if you remember me, but it's Tabitha (Francis) Garner. I see you post here and there on other blogs so I thought I'd check yours out. Your little girl is so cute! It looks like you had a fun time in Cali. Merry Christmas!

Kelli said...

Soooo much fun. You look so cute. When are we going to lunch. Bret said that we need to go to red lobster soon. I love disneyland.. Have a very Merry Christmas!!!

Stacey Irwin said...

Wow, that looks like you guys had a blast!! Gald everyone had a good time! What a fun Christmas present!
Merry Christmas!

Michelle said...

Looks like you had a great time! Well kinda the whole Lakers game through me off!! Ha Ha just kidding traders! I am glad you guys had fun and got to spend time with your parents what a good Christmas present!

bladenfamily said...

Sounds like a great trip! I love Disneyland around the holidays. They do a great job! Hopefully we'll see you this week sometime!

Veronica Tyler said...

I absolutly love Disneyland at Christmas time! The huge tree and the carolers.... Sounds like fun!

Quinn and Melanie said...

I am so jealous!! Looks like you guys had a blast!! What sweet parents you have. Too bad you had to leave the warmth and come back to an ice box!!!

mel said...

How fun is that! Well, I guess you get all that you wanted with a snowy Christmas huh!? I feel the same way. Let it snow all it wants until February than that's enough for me.

christina said...

Wow! What a wonderful Christmas present!

Kiesha said...

What a fun trip! I'm so jealous! Looks like you guys had a ball. I know what you mean about the whole non-glamerous Hollywood scene. Not the prettiest part of Cali. Apparently your wish for snow came through while you were gone. :) Have a wonderful X-mas!

Hayley said...

We are headed to Disneyland in Feb. and these pics make me sooo excited! I'm glad you had a nice getaway, it must have been heaven!
Have a Merry Christmas!

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

I am truly jeleous!

Kylene said...

So, so fun! I have always wanted to go to one of those Medieval Times dinners. Whoville lookes awesome too! I'm glad you got to break away from the holiday madness and spend time with your family. All the pic's are darling and you look so cute!

Rachel said...

What a fun fun trip! I need a trip to nicer weather.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Chantel said...

How much fun!! It looks so warm there:)

Jas & Cam Fam said...

I have just been catching up on blogs and HOLY COW!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I read your sweet story and just wanted to cry with you. I can not imagine what you went through. THat is so exciting that through it all it was such awesome news! I am predicting a boy (and I'm feeling really good about it)!
I LOVE the picture of Issa's little ice skates! LOVE it!

Emily M said...

It looks like you guys had an awesome trip! We went to Disneyland 2 years ago and it was all decorated for Christmas- I loved everything about it! Happy New Year!

moi said...

Medieval Times is a BLAST! The whole trip looks awesome. Thanks for sharing, and Happy New Year!