This is one of my favorite weeks of the year, the transition from Thanksgiving to Christmas gets me all giddy like a little kid. This year was extra special because Chris only had to work Monday and Tuesday, so we got lots of time together. And we were able to enjoy more than just Thanksgiving day together. I got home Thursday night and had the Christmas jitters, so I had Chris bring down all the Chistmas totes and I got the house all decked out. Friday morning me, my mother in law, aunt, and sister in law jumped in with the crazy crowds at about 7:45 a.m., not 5:00, and got some killer deals. We were absolutely exhausted by the time we got home!! Friday night we put up the Christmas tree. Isabella loves all the Christmas decorations, she is so amazed at all the lights. We bought some egg nog, turned on the tree and watched a Christmas movie. It was so much fun!

Saturday we headed up to Preston for the big Festival of Lights. We went up with our friends Ryan and Kallie and their little girls. The kids had so much fun looking at all the lights, watching the parade and fireworks. When we got back in the car all Isabella could talk about were the fireworks. She kept saying, "Fire....Kaboom" It was so cute. It was so much fun to see her excited and laughing over all the festivities.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday Season!
8 comments:
Your decorations are always so cute! I was glad I got to see them in person. Your house is so festive! It was so fun to see you over the weekend. We need to do that more often. Just sit and chat. Isa is so beautiful. She and Sam need to play. I'm glad everything is going so well for you guys.
ps. I got your email about the Christmas shin dig and, sad for me...again...I can't come! :( Please take a TON of pic's.
I was born in Preston and LOVED the Festival of Lights! I swear one of these years we are going back up to see them!
I can just picture your little Isa say "fire...Kaboom" She is so stinkin' cute!
your house is soo pretty!
I so miss the preston lights!! glad Isa loved em!
Good job on shopping! I am usually the crazy nut out in the early a.m. But not this time!!! Hope you found some good deals tho'
We always went to Preston when I was a kid too! So do your decorations actually stay up or does Isa tear them down?
CONGRATS ON THE BABY! That is great and it was a touching story to read. Thanks for sharing :)
Sadly I've never been to the Preston festivities. Sad, I know! If I remember...we'll be there next year. Do they always do it the weekend after Thanksgiving? Your decor is pro like always!
As always your house looks spectacular! I love it! I too love this time of year. (We started our tree on Thanksgiving and just barely finished it tonight. What a process) I am so excited for Wednesday!
So - I'm going to comment on the terrible two story...(I check up on you guys through Sheri's blog....You always have such cute things!) I'm not sure when your little girl turns two, but my Grace will be 2 in January. And if she gets worse, we will be in so much trouble! Every single morning we have to fight to get her dressed. One day she threw herself to the floor in a tantrum, and gave herself a bloody nose. I love her so much - but sometimes my patience runs so thin... She can be so mean to her dad - it breaks my heart. Then 2 minutes later she can be the sweetest todler - I thought mood swings were for teenagers?
Congratulations on your upcoming little one!
Your decorations are so cute! You are so brave to face the crowds on black friday - good job! Congrats on the new baby! I hope you are feeling well!
Post a Comment