Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Weekend

Conference weekends are always my favorite. We sat around and ate WAAAAYYY to much good food. I hate when Monday roll's around, time to lose the weekend/Conference pounds. During Sunday mornings session, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang, "I feel my Savior's Love," and Isabella was sitting on my lap watching. She immediately joined in and started singing with them. It made me giggle because she is such a Parrot so she was singing the lyrics right on....just about 3 seconds behind. It made us giggle. Every Conference Sunday I always make Conference Sticky Buns to munch on during the morning session and then we go over to Chris's parents house for Turkey Sandwich's on homemade Rolls. The Hernandez Family calls all of this delicious food "Conference Calories," therefore, they don't stick, and you don't have to work them off.....it's a bonus day once every 6 months. Another tradition we have with Chris's family is we get together and celebrate everyone who is having a b-day that month on one day. So after Conference we celebrated the October B-day's. Chris's B-day is coming up so he got lots of cool New York Yankee Gifts (he loves his B-days), and then it was also Chris's brother Tony's b-day, and Tony's wife Bergen's B-day. Bergen had just go out of the hospital about 1 hour before the big B-day Party (viral menningitas once again), but we are so glad she is doing better and she was able to party with us!! I made Apple Crisp for the B-day Cake....it's October after all. If you want the recipe you can go to my Cooking Blog. Isabella had a blast because Daddy and Tony and Bergen let her help open all their presents. Isabella loves the days that we party because she knows that Soda will be there. There is a picture of her drinking every last drop of the Pepsi, she's a wild one!!!

17 comments:

Q and T McKnight said...

Sure miss spending time with you guys on Conference Day! We remember the good old days when we would lay around in our PJ's, snack on breakfast goodies, and sleep through conference. Wow! Those were the days!

Love you!

Mom and Dad

Stacey Irwin said...

What a fun idea is that to do for Conference! How darling is that that Isabelle joined in.. tooo cute!
It sounds like you guys had a ton of fun!

GINGERSPICE said...

Conference weekend is definitely the best! Did you watch Saturday's by chance and see the Primary Choir? It was incredible seeing all of them so alert and attentive to what they were singing!

That's so cute about Isa and her singing, I can't wait to have little experiences like that :)

I'm sad none of your family will be around in December but Disneyland at Christmas will be such a blast! I'm sure you'll take plenty of pics of Isa, I'm already looking forward to them, she really does get more and more beautiful every time I see a picture of her!

How are you feeling??

bladenfamily said...

This is one of my favorite weekends of the entire year as well! Thank you for your cooking blog. I have loved every recipe of yours that I've tried!

Trisha said...

Can I just say that I love your kitchen blog? Where have I been all this time?

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

I too love your Kitchen Blog, it makes me realize how I need to cook more often. You put me to shame. Im SO glad to hear you guys didnt have to do the surgery, let me know if you need anything! Cute pics from conference weekend :)

Ballard Family said...

I did not know that you had a cooking blog. Everything looks so yummy! I never know what to cook so I am anxious to try your goodies! Thanks.

Emily M said...

I made your sticky buns again for conference and they are SO good! I am glad to have a fun conference tradition as well! Conference is the best- I love the spiritual upliftment I get!

Josie Murdock said...

Hey did Chris like the ball game last night or did he even watch. You got to love those RED SOX!!!!
Sorry to hear about all those crappy b-day gifts Chris got. Just Kidding!!! Just a loving rivalry!!

Kylene said...

I'm so glad the calories don't count at conference time! I'd be in BIG trouble if they did. :)

Happy Birthday to Chris. :)

Quinn and Melanie said...

What fun traditions you have. I am jealous. I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I will keep you in my prayers. Please keep up updated on the situation. Take care. :)

Tina said...

I don't think the calories count for the rest of the year, from conference on.

Cute little Pepsi baby!!

Emilyjo said...

Hey we are going to be in town next Friday so we might swing by and say Hi! I'll call you first if I still have your number.

april said...

I love conference weekend too. It sounds way yummy over there!! Happy to see you having so much fun! keep it up!

The DeVito's said...

Hey Melissa- It's Holly Meikle. I love your blog. Your daughter is beautiful! I have an Isabella as well. She's only 4 months though.

The DeVito's said...

We call her Bella. I wanted to call her Izzie, but Frank didn't like it. He has a cousin called Isa, so I wanted to call her something different, so Bella was the only option. I like it though and feel like it fits her. Your daughter has the most beautiful eyes! I'm sure you hear that all the time!

Janette said...

what fun traditions! we love conference weekend too. you guys have had some fun. hope you're doing good.