
I have been so excited for this week to come around because Isabella and I got to start our mommy/tot gymnastics class. I was a little worried how Isabella would respond to the teacher and the other kids, but she jumped right in their with the other kids and she was doing summer saults and she let the teacher help her with her handstands, we had so much fun and I can't wait to go again next week (Maybe this is a little funner for me than it is for her), but it's fun to visit with the other mommies and just play with our kids. Here's a little scrap page of our first day at the gym.

This week I also forced myself to relax while Isabella was taking her naps. I layed back and read a couple of my favorite magazines, in one of them there was a great article about trying to be "The perfect supermom". That wasn't the title, but that was the jist of the story. It talked about those of us who insist on cleaning up the house 24-7, cleaning up dinner right after it's done, having the perfect house, the perfectly cleaned up kids, etc. etc. It then went on to talk about how much stress this causes in our life when we become these supermom's. It hit me hard, because I am a clean freak, but after reading this article I am going to try really hard this week to put dinner's mess in the sink and sit down and just enjoy my family, I pass this on to all you other super mom's. Let's slow down a little and enjoy or husbands and kids. It's okay if our kids faces are a little messy and dinner sits in the sink for a couple of hours, right?
14 comments:
I have Backed Apple. Love it!
You really do like fall.. I look forward to fall for the same reason.. and I love my hoodies.. seriously. and Just keep testing them just to see if it's cold enough to be in comfy hoodies.
the gym/tot class is such a fun idea for you and Isa, I hope you enjoy it! Amen to supermom.. why do we put so much pressure on ourselves to be perfect. Enjoy your family... they grow up so fast.( I sound old when I say that don't I!!!) What magazine is that in..maybe we can read in on the web site?
How fun! Dad and I loved seeing pictures of Isabella's first day at gymnastics. Way too cute!
Dad and I have been decorating the house for Fall too. It must be in the genes (hee, hee).
Miss you and Love you!
Mom
Where are you doing gymnastice with Isa? I was planning on signing Kate up at the sports academy but your sounds really fun!
I love all the cute pictures of her. She is so entertaining!
LOVE the fall! That is something I am really missing this year- fall in Cache Valley. I'm going to have to come up just to drive through Sardine to look at the colors. Amen to taking time to relax. We demand a lot out of ourselves. Thanks for the reminder.
I too suffer from super clean house syndrome. I'm working on it though! And I am obsessed with fall too. I asked Trav the other day if it was too early to pumpkin up the front porch...
I have been the worst at leaving comments lately! BUT I do read your blog; I hope you are feeling happier!
Cute scrapbook pages! I cant believe how grown up Isa looks in every picture I see of her. Crazy! I need to get you hooked on Scentsy; they have those smells and I LOVE them.
Fall is sooo perfect, I cant wait to take pics of Isa in that cute coat when the leaves start to fall!!
Thanks for the good mommy advice!
you are so on top of things to make scrapbook pages out of all the fun you have!! Way to go super mom!!!
I think I need a little more supermom in me...I guess I'm here to make other people feel good about their housekeeping skills?? How fun to do a class together. I'm more of a library storytime kind of gal. Good for you to get up and going, and you sure look as cute as Isa in your 'workout clothes!' All my kids love corn on the cob too, which we enjoyed tonight!
I love your cute digi-pages. Corn on the cob is a favorite at our house too! Thanks for the "I don't have to be a super-mom" reminder. I am much more happy when I have balance in my life, and that includes the cleaning. Moderation in all things right?! :)
How fun that your putting Isa in gymnastics! How old is she again she's close to Ellie's age right? That sounds like so much fun and even better that she enjoyed it too.
I too love Fall! The only bad thing is my kids' closets are full of shorts and sandals! I need to go shopping for new shoes and pants and long sleeve shirts and there are no good stores here! Oh well.
I'm glad you guys enjoyed gymnastics! It's so much fun to have that one on one time with your little one!
I am all with you an the fall thing. I love love it too.
I think I feel worse about the super-mom thing. I feel like I am never on top of things and if I let them go more my dishes might walk away by themselves.
Cute little baby you have there. She looks so big in the gym pictures. That does sound like a fun time.
Post a Comment