Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Chris and I celebrated our 4th Wedding Anniversary this week. I can't believe it has already been four years. We have a tradition of staying at the Anniversary Inn every year. And this year we decided to keep the tradition going. The last 3 years we have even stayed in the same room. The Arabian Nights Room. Why on earth would we keep staying in the same room you ask? This is why!!
This picture totally doesn't give the tub justice. But, it reclines. Yes you heard me correctly, it reclines! Chris and I decided that someday when we retire and we build our retirement house, it will have one of these for sure! Not only does this room have a reclining tub, but above it is a flat screen TV angled to look down at the tub. Oh my, it's heaven!

So what this basically means is by the time you spend almost a full 24 hours in your room, you leave a complete prune. But, definately a relaxed prune! It's always so hard to leave!

I had to include this picture of my hubby because this is also a tradition. On our wedding night we stayed at the Anniversary Inn in the European Honeymoon Suite (really pretty). Anways, after our wedding reception we headed straight for our Honeymoon suite. Once we arrived we.........................ordered pizza from Papa Johns. We hadn't eaten all day long and we were starving! So we also made this a tradition when we stay at the Anniversary Inn. As soon as we arrive we get on the phone with Papa Johns and ordered Chris a Sausage and Jalepeno pizza and me a Chicken Alfredo Pizza. Delicious! That's why Chris has the biggest grin on his face, he knows what is coming....................pizza, okay and a super fun dessert (wink wink).

17 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

What a fun tradition!! I had to laugh though, cause right after Cody and I got married we made a mad rush to........Wendy's! We were starving!!!!! :) Awww, the romance!

Hayley said...

We love the anniversary Inn and always order pizza to boot.

Sometime you should stay in the movie theater room. Huge flat screen tv, old fashioned popcorn machine, and huge recliner chairs to relax in while you watch a movie.
Very fun.

Quinn and Melanie said...

How fun!! Keep up the tradition. I am glad you both got what you wanted when you got there...PIZZA! Ha ha ha. You are so funny! Happy anniversary.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Sounds like tons of fun!

Stacey Irwin said...

happy anniversary! we love the anniversary inn. our favorite was the Jungle room.. awesome jacuzzi,Huge, and a massage table( i'm a sucker for a good massage...) IF I ever get back that way we will have to stay in that room sound fun!
I hope you had a great time!!!!who had Isabelle?

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the Romeo and Juliet Room! We stayed at the Grand America on our Wedding night and they give you a key with your names and wedding date on it along with a chocolate plate filled with chocolate covered strawberries. I was so hungry when we got to our room I ate them all except for one. I totally know how it is to be starving after your reception!

Niki said...

You have to understand this was a very hard one to ready while I was at work. All I could think of was "man that looks like fun, maybe Kasey will surprise me one of these days" and then I snap back to reality and think "well it was a good thought". I am glad you guys have that tradition, that is really neat!

Kiesha said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Who needs a husband when you have a tub like that! I'm sooo kidding. Anyways, hope you had a great Mother's Day!

Chambers Clan said...

Happy Anniversary! Sometimes it feels like yesterday, but other times it feels like forever to me. It will be 8 for us on June 2nd. Can you believe it?? The crazy thing I was thinking was that if my daughter got married at the same age I was, that's in only 15 years!! Where does the time go? I guess that's why we have to enjoy it while we can. I love the Ann. Inn. We sent my parents there for one of their anniversaries, and I think it was the best thing we could have done for them!

Shelly Traveller said...

Happy Anniversary
What a fun tradition. I've never been there. I'll have to drop some hints.

Kylene said...

Yeah for....Pizza! Glad you guys had a good time. That room is awesome. Happy Anniversary!

Emily M said...

Happy Anniversary! I am going to have to look into a tub like that. I love a GOOD bath. I was laughing remembering we stayed there on our wedding night and sean was so hungry he went to Beto's of all the nasty places. keep the tradition going.

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

We love to 'eat pizza' at the Anniversary inn. That room looks like SO much fun! I dont know if Dustin would 'eat pizza' in his Sisters favorite room though. Even though that tub is friggn sweet!We love the Lake Powell room though... guess which room Dust wants for our anniversary?.. the 'Lost in space' room (lol,I dont see this happening). Happy Anniversary, we just love you guys. You really are perfect for each other :)

Next time you guys need to have your Arabian getway; you always have a babysitter :)

Jami said...

That seems to be the popular place. This is where Paul and I also went on our honeymoon before taking off on a cruise but we stayed in the Lake Powell room-it's set up a lot like the Swiss Family Robinson room with the bed up in a loft. How fun that you do that each year, the tub looks very nice! Happy Anniversary!

Rachel said...

love the super fun dessert! :) you are making me laugh!

Emilyjo said...

The Anniversary Inn is so much fun-pricey but well worth it. I'm glad you guys got to have that time together! Happy Anniversary!

Janette said...

Happy Anniversary! That's a fun tradition. Dustin and I also like the Anniversary Inn, the theme rooms are so much fun.