Sunday, May 4, 2008

Grandma's in town

What a fun weekend, and I am so so sad that it went by too fast and now it's all over. My mom flew in Friday afternoon for a quick weekend visit. Friday morning we headed down to Salt Lake to meet her at the airport. On the way down we made a stop at the Bountiful temple for Chris's cousins wedding. It was so beautiful. What's more beautiful than a temple? A temple in the Spring! I had to catch a few pictures of Isabella checking out the flowers, it was so fun because the butterflies were all over.

Once my mom got here we had to do some damage at Target and Tai Pan. My mom never had a chance to check out Tai Pan before they moved, so we had to stop. She was in heaven! As was I, I love that store!

Saturday we had a blast, we had a girls day out. Me, my mom, Isa and my cute sister in law Ashley went to lunch at Firehouse and then we went shopping. It was so cute, my sister in law Ashley was pushing Isabella all over Kohls, and you could hear exactly where they were in the store because you could hear Isa yelling "Go, go, go!" That night we had a BBQ at Dustin and Ashley's cute new condo. They have 2 puppies Max and Spence, and the last time we went to visit, Isabella was completely terrified of them. This time she made a little progress and was willing to pet their heads. It was adorable. What a fun weekend, I was so sad to see my mom leave Sunday afternoon, but we had a ball!

Here are a few fun pict's from this weekend.

16 comments:

Quinn and Melanie said...

sounds like so much fun!! Mom's are the best! They just know how to make their grandkids smile!! You look fantastic by the way!! Cute post as usual. I love spying on your darling little girl.

Stacey Irwin said...

I just love your mom! make sure the next time you see her I said Hi! Mom's really are the best aren't they. I'm glad you got to see your mom and let her get some grandkid time! what is Tai pan? I have never heard of that? The pictures are just too cute!

bladenfamily said...

Hooray for grandmas!! We got to see ours this weekend too. How fun! Cute pictures...again!

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

Cute Pics! You girls are just too fun, we gotta do something again soon. I loved pushing Isa around Kohls, she cracks me up! Thanks for inviting me along this weekend :) Love you guys!

Ash said...

How fun! I bet it was hard to let her go. I can't imagine living far away from my mom. Isa is cute as ever!

Chambers Clan said...

I didn't know that she had moved. I love your mom. She is the most energetic person I have met. I bet you had a blast. I love Tai Pan too!

Rachel said...

I didn't know your parents moved.............let me just say FIREHOUSE is the best! I love it there
Sounds like a very fun (and busy!) weekend

Hayley said...

How fun to have your mom in town. I can't imagine having my mom far away...I'm a bit to connected to mine I think.

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

Love that your Mom got to come- too bad so short. Can believe (again) how adorable Isa is. She is beyond cute and you and Chris are so cute with her. Can't wait to get together sometime!

Trisha said...

She is looking more and more grown up all the time....and thank goodness for Grandmas!

Shelly Traveller said...

I'm glad you got to see your mom. It gives you something to look forward to. and you shopped at my two fav. stores.

Sandy said...

I LOVE "mom time." My mom only lives about 7 miles from me but it feels like we still have to plan to go to lunch or things like that. Busy, busy! I love every minute with her though!
So, your photos are so darling all the time. You have to share...what kind of camera do you use and do you use a special editing program?

Jami said...

Don't you just love when family comes to visit. It always stinks though how fast the time goes. You always take the cutest pictures I need to take some lessons from you!

Emilyjo said...

How fun to have that little bit of time with your mom! The pictures are super cute as always!

Janette said...

How fun. I bet you guys love when they come visit. I don't know what I would do if my mom lived that far away. I only live an hour away from my mom and some days that's way to far. You always have the cutest pictures, I love 'um.

Doug and Merrill said...

MISSY SUE!! I found your blog on Missy's blog. Whenever I think of Chi Omega, I always think about you and I'm so glad to see you're doing well. Your daughter is beautiful!! Keep in touch.

-Merrill