Saturday, December 29, 2007

What an exciting week it has been. This week I found myself thinking about what it was like as a child on Christmas Eve. And I wondered if that excitement and magic could ever come back as an adult. Sure enough it can. Christmas Eve my parents flew in from South Dakota. I was so nervouse because it was a blizzard and they got in really late, and the roads were frozen. I was anticipating their arrival, when 11:30 p.m. rolled around I finally heard a knock at the door, and to my surprise..there stood the two of them. It was the best christmas present ever!

Isabella had a blast. Christmas Eve was spent with Chris's family. We open up all their presents that night. We had a Christmas tragedy though. My cute niece Shayla, who is 3, was so excited to play Santa. She walked over to the Christmas tree,picked up a present, and was so excited to deliver it to grandma that she forgot Isabella was on the floor behind her. The whole thing was slow motion, next thing I know a body was fyling in the air, presents are flying, and two children were laying on the floor screaming. In the end, their was no broken bones, just lots of tears. Isabella was definately spoiled by grandma and grandpa and her aunts and uncles. I looked over at her after all her presents were open, and this is what I saw.



Not playing with her new toys, just the wrapping paper and the Christmas tree ornaments. Go figure!

This year Chris and I decided that we were going to make our lives easier on each other, and shop for ourselves. I wanted new decorations for the house (not that I don't trust his decorating skills or anything), but I thought I better take charge of buying that for myself. Chris wanted a new T.V. so he can watch his Lakers and Yankees in High Def. So Christmas morning was kind of boring for us, we decided that this is the first and last Christmas that we are going to be selfish and buy our own Christmas presents. Half the fun of Christmas is shopping for loved ones. But, I was really excited Christmas morning, when I saw my new candlesticks.



Well, it was a wonderful Christmas. My parents go back home Monday, and I am so sad that this week has gone by tooo fast. We had so much fun playing, shopping, and spending time together. Christmas time always reminds me how special my family is. I am so greatful for them! It's hard to say good-bye and we cry every time we do.

Here's a little slideshow of 2007. Happy New Years to everyone!

Click to play Year+in+Review
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a scrapbook - it's easy!

12 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

Your blog is so stinking cute! I loved the year in review video! What a great idea! It was fun to see you preg-o and to see Isabelles baby photos! You have such a cute family and I'm so glad you had a great Christmas! Shame on you for buying your own presents! :)

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

Way cute, i love the year in review! Those candles are darling! Izzy is such a good baby, were glad you guys had a fun Christmas! If you guys need babysitters when the parents leave, Dust and me would love to!! We need to do more things together, like dinner every once in a while! See you tonight! Love you guys!

Chantel said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun at Christmas. Your little girl is SO cute! I had to laugh when I saw what you put on my blog :) It was my sister that was there eating last night. She is visiting for Christmas. WE do look a lot alike. :)

Melodie said...

Loved the month by month pictures! It's amazing how quickly Izzy is growing up! Hopefully I will get to see her before she gets her driver's license!! I'm glad you had a great holiday with the fam!

Kylene said...

Adorable!!! Loved the smilebox year in review. I'm glad you guys had a good holiday. Tell your mom and dad hi for me. I'll call ya next time I'm down and we'll get together. Isa is so beautiful. Hallie is sitting next to me and when she was watching the slide show she said, "Mom, her hair is absolutely darling!"

Please make a trip to Idaho and help me decorate my girls rooms.

Hayley said...

SO CUTE! I didn't see the "year in review" thing and just saw the picture of you being pregnant...and was super confused. But then brilliant me figured it all out!

Hayley said...

I hope you don't mind but I totally copied you and posted this on my blog. Thanks for your brilliant idea!

Kiesha said...

It was so fun to see your pics from this past year. I wish I looked that cute pregnant! It's so true that all you need to give young ones are boxes and wrapping paper. But that wouldn't be as much fun for mom to shop for!

april said...

I love this post!! Awesome slide show. You are taaaaalenteddd. Isabella is such a little doll and so photogenic!! I am glad to hear you had a fun Christmas!! Happy New Year!

Brittany and Scott said...

you are so sweet and thanks again for the recipe. delicious!!! and i just have to say that i think you have the cutest blog that i have ever seen. happy new year!!

Heidi Kjar said...

That was fun to look at your year in review. I also love your new blog- it looks so cute:). By the way you are so photgenic, even when you are pregnant! Hope your holidays were great!

Mindy said...

Your little girl is absolutely delicious! I'm so happy you found my blog. Since Kylene found me I've been able to keep up with some many people from high school. Living in TX makes it a little hard to do otherwise.