Thursday, December 13, 2007

It's time to Relax

The last 3 years we have taken Chris's mom up to my parents condos for her birthday. It's a fun way to celebrate her birthday and to get away right before the holidays. We decided to go up for 3 nights, and we had a blast. The only problem was that we did nothing but lay around and eat. It's a blast while we are doing it, but then when I got home and tried my levi's on, ummm...a little tight. Oh well, it was worth every single calorie. Isabella was so excited because she got to wake up in the morning to grandma and grandpa and aunt's and uncles, and she thought that was really cool. I had to include a couple of the pictures that I took of her up there. She was so excited, I think the pictures say it all. We went down to the Gateway mall on Saturday night for dinner and to walk around. There was a little bit of snow falling, and all of the Christmas lights were beautiful. The only problem was that I dressed Isa up in a long sleeve onesie, then a really heavy sweater, then a really heavy coat, and then a big blanket. She was trying to sit up in her stroller and I had a flashback of the Christmas Story. Poor little thing couldn't put her arms down.




All good things must come to an end. A weekend of no laundry meant coming home and catching up on laundry. I was sooo stressed this week because I was in charge of the Relief Society Christmas dinner and program on Wednesday night. I had so much anxiety Tuesday night I think I could have ran a marathon. My husband has been the most patient and helpful person this week. I appreciate all that he does for our little family. Thanks Chris, I don't know how I got so lucky! Now that the Relief Society dinner is behind me, I think I'm going to just enjoy spending lots of time with my husband and babe. The perfect gift fot the holidays!

8 comments:

Trisha said...

I really hope that I get a girl eventually. There are such cuter clothes for them!

Amy Johnson said...

I just can't get over how cute your little girl is! She just sparkles! Way cute hat too!

Hayley said...

Where did you find that hat? I NEED one for Sienna! Thankyou so much for your kind words and prayers!

Melissa Hernandez said...

I found the hat at H&M at the mall of America. I think the closest store is in Vegas. It's such a fun store! Good excuse to take a trip to Vegas!

Jas & Cam Fam said...

Hi Melissa! Your blog is so cute and your little Isabella is beautiful! She seriously looks like a little baby model-so cute! I have Bladens home address and Mike's email. It is mikebladen@gmail.com. Hope you have a very happy holiday!

Amy said...

I think this is how your mom and I will feel after Encampment ... "time to relax" ... not until 2009!!! ;)

glad all went well with the RS dinner! I bet it's a huge relief to have that over with!

can't wait to check out H&M for clothes Miss Hai and #3...

Issy is the cutest!!!

Niki said...

Hi Melissa, it's Niki Godfrey. I love your page and your girl is sooo cute, I haven't gotten to see her yet. I am very jelouse of your vacation, but the music that starts up when you are looking at the pictures make me feel like im on vacation, does that count?... LOL

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sexy little mouth love to teach her how to use it